Grace Chameleon?

angelf

I want to buy another chameleon we are doin research and we like vieled chameleons. but the get too big for us. we went to a local pet store the other day and they had what they call a "grace" chameleon i cant find anyting about that. He is a very miserable animal with very poor living conditions. i wannna save him but know nothing about them. Has anyone ever heard of a grace chameleon?

It's probably a Graceful Chameleon. It is almost certainly wild caught and possibly quite sick to begin with. You would definitely be going into this as a "rescue" and should be prepared for expenses. It might not be possible to save the animal in the end. I'm not trying to be harsh, I just want you to be ready.

I want to buy another chameleon we are doin research and we like vieled chameleons. but the get too big for us. we went to a local pet store the other day and they had what they call a "grace" chameleon i cant find anyting about that. He is a very miserable animal with very poor living conditions. i wannna save him but know nothing about them. Has anyone ever heard of a grace chameleon?

Even a graceful will need a cage setup nearly as large as a veiled to be cared for properly. Don't encourage this shop to sell "miserable" animals like this. I know it is heartbreaking to leave the poor cham there, but if you do buy it all you are doing is rewarding the shop for offering a wc animal that is probably doomed. Gracefuls are difficult to acclimate. They are relatively inexpensive for shops to get and are not granted the good treatment they deserve.

If you really want to be responsible with your next cham, check out the cbb species offered by our forum sponsors who care a lot about them. Possibly a carpet or rudis are smaller options for you.

You should pass on the graceful, Carlton is completely correct, this chameleon is most likely dying. I am sorry but it is true. One of those in a pet store is almost always a death sentence for the cham.:(:(:(

Take a look at a carpet. They are smaller than a veiled and are beautiful chams with good temperaments. If you pm dooley 1, he has captive bred carpets that means you will start with a healthy chameleon that comes from healthy parents. It also means you will have a person to ask if you have any questions.jmo

I agree with Laurie and Carlton that you should pass on the graceful. Carlton is right, this chameleon is most likely dying. Sadly, I am sorry but it is true.

If your looking for small chams with color the Carpet as Laurie suggested is a good one. There smaller in size and have awesome temperaments. This is going to be my next cham when I purchase. Dooley 1 is the person to definetly talk to about carpets he raises and knows allot about them and would be helpful in helping you make your choice!

I have a pair of Dooley's cb carpets. If you want to purchase some I def recommend Kevin his are the best. Im still not sure i want to get into the carpets now that I have them. If you want to purchase the pair I have I can send you pics. But I only will sell them as a pair not individually.

Back
Top Bottom