Gout?

Did a fecal. Only thing I see is this. Looks like a pinworm egg? I only saw 2 or the same one twice
IMG_6397.jpeg

Not sure how urgent this is. Should I be rushing him to the vet asap. Or can I make an appointment for like sometime next week?

Hi! Jumping in here. When chameleons are showing outward symptoms to us then whatever illness is going on is going strong at that point. My understanding is respiratory infections can move quite quickly.

Hi! Jumping in here. When chameleons are showing outward symptoms to us then whatever illness is going on is going strong at that point. My understanding is respiratory infections can move quite quickly.
I think the soonest I can go is Tuesday. Is that too late?

Will do. I would not be surprised if he's completely fine. He has me thinking he has something wrong with him practically every day and he's 4.5 years old now.
Wow congratulations on how old he is! The best kind of vet visit is one where there isn’t actually anything wrong and our chameleons are just pulling a fast one on us 😝

Hoping this is the case for you :)

Yeah I think the vet is the right choice. The gaping when he is not even under heat just is not normal. The fact that he is openly showing this means something is not right because of them hiding illness so well. Per the fecal I honestly have no clue. Might have the vet run a fecal for you.

Yeah I think the vet is the right choice. The gaping when he is not even under heat just is not normal. The fact that he is openly showing this means something is not right because of them hiding illness so well. Per the fecal I honestly have no clue. Might have the vet run a fecal for you.
He seems to have stopped. Hasn't done it today.

IMG_6422.jpeg

Caught him doing this for like a few seconds but he stopped and went back to normal. Gonna set up a Timelapse for the whole day and see how often he actually does it.

Back
Top Bottom