Gout?

So yes, you want a UVB fixture that runs the entire width of the enclosure. one heat dome is fine. I would get one that has a larger like an 8 inch rather than the 5 inch ones. The larger ones produce a bigger heat foot print below them.

Per the set up. I find that adding in branches closer to one another and really filling it out with plants helps a cham that is struggling with grip. So you may feel like you have a crazy amount of branches but ensuring that he can grap on between to plants or branches will help him stay more stable then trying to reach really far for one when he is having grip or balance issues.
Is this the right bulb? The packaging looks different so I want to make sure

Attachments

• IMG_1126.png
    IMG_1126.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 8
Additionally I want to try something involving these two things....

I use Repashy calcium plus lod 2 times a month. All the other feedings I use earth pro calcium. Once in awhile I’ll put in some of the bio dude pollen power with the regular calcium.
I want you to order repashy supercal NoD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3BKCGA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You will replace the EPA and the BIO dude with this. So that you are using NoD at every feeding and then LoD 2 times a month. The NoD is only plain calcium without D3. EPA has bee pollen and other stuff. then you are adding more bee pollen orally with the other one. You can use the bio dude in your gutload. Sometimes too much of a good thing can cause issues in their body. I just want to test this and see if it helps him.
I have a mist king that goes off about 15 min after lights out for 4 min then every 2 hours for 1-2 min until 15 min before lights on for another 4 min. I also use a humidifier most nights when lights are off that has a tube running into his enclosure. I have a dripper that I have going most of the day when lights are on so he has an option to drink during the day. I do see him drink. There are some holes sort of like a drain that I’ve drilled into the bottom and siliconed a pvc pipe to the bottom and a hole cut into the stand his enclosure is set on, that funnels into a bucket so the excess water can drain out and then I just dump the bucket when it starts to get full.

Next I know you said you do not see him drink from the dripper. I want you to switch up your misting slightly. that morning misting prior to lights on. I want you to run this 15-30 minutes after lights come on. And then the one before lights off I want you to move that earlier in the afternoon say around 4pm. I want to see if he will drink if given the opportunity with a misting. Gout can be linked to dehydration and some chams just need the mistings during the day to get proper hydration. Some prefer the misting to a dripper as well.

This is him right now. His colors have not been great and he’s also basking right now
Did they do an xray? I do not like how concave his casque is. Did they tell you how much he weighed? When was the last fecal run?

I want you to order repashy supercal NoD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3BKCGA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You will replace the EPA and the BIO dude with this. So that you are using NoD at every feeding and then LoD 2 times a month. The NoD is only plain calcium without D3. EPA has bee pollen and other stuff. then you are adding more bee pollen orally with the other one. You can use the bio dude in your gutload. Sometimes too much of a good thing can cause issues in their body. I just want to test this and see if it helps him.

Next I know you said you do not see him drink from the dripper. I want you to switch up your misting slightly. that morning misting prior to lights on. I want you to run this 15-30 minutes after lights come on. And then the one before lights off I want you to move that earlier in the afternoon say around 4pm. I want to see if he will drink if given the opportunity with a misting. Gout can be linked to dehydration and some chams just need the mistings during the day to get proper hydration. Some prefer the misting to a dripper as well.
I will try the supercal NoD thank you that is very helpful. I did not know the other calcium has bee pollen. He does drink from the dripper but he hasn’t moved in a couple days I will try the new misting schedule. And yes ur right I forgot to select the 48 inches thank you

Did they do an xray? I do not like how concave his casque is. Did they tell you how much he weighed? When was the last fecal run?
I decided against the xray because they didn’t know what they were doing there so I just did the bloodwork and got out of there. I want to see a regular vet not an emergency vet that knows about chams and I can go to regularly cause I haven’t been able to find a good one that has worked with chams. All the ones I have brought him to have been a bad experience for us so if you have any suggestions on vets in Minnesota that have worked with chams I’m open to trying them out. If the vet says they want to do xrays and whatever tests they need to do that actually know what they’re doing I will do what it takes. He hasn’t had a fecal done since a few months after I first got him but his poops look normal so I haven’t really been concerned of parasites but could always get it checked. If you don’t have any suggestions on vets I was just going to call every exotic vet in MN and ask if they’ve worked with chams otherwise.

Also I’ve been feeding him silkworms this past week so I’ve only dusted with the multivitamin for one of his feedings. Do you suggest I dust with regular calcium every feeding then even if he’s being fed silks?

Also I’ve been feeding him silkworms this past week so I’ve only dusted with the multivitamin for one of his feedings. Do you suggest I dust with regular calcium every feeding then even if he’s being fed silks?
So all insects with the exception of Black soldier fly larvae should be dusted. BSFL do not have to be dusted with plain calcium because they are very high in calcium.

I decided against the xray because they didn’t know what they were doing there so I just did the bloodwork and got out of there. I want to see a regular vet not an emergency vet that knows about chams and I can go to regularly cause I haven’t been able to find a good one that has worked with chams. All the ones I have brought him to have been a bad experience for us so if you have any suggestions on vets in Minnesota that have worked with chams I’m open to trying them out. If the vet says they want to do xrays and whatever tests they need to do that actually know what they’re doing I will do what it takes. He hasn’t had a fecal done since a few months after I first got him but his poops look normal so I haven’t really been concerned of parasites but could always get it checked. If you don’t have any suggestions on vets I was just going to call every exotic vet in MN and ask if they’ve worked with chams otherwise.
I would try a search with this link. https://members.arav.org/search/custom.asp?id=3661

Back
Top Bottom