Gout?

ThatRandomDragon

A few weeks ago I noticed my chameleons leg was swollen. I talked to my mom and i did some research and decided it was probably gout.
I got a new T5 UVB light(ours was getting old) and stopped giving her calcium(my mom told me to) because that was probably what caused it in the first place. I also gave her more water.
I wanted to take her to a vet but we were busy with school and my moms surgery.
Well she started to get better, swelling looked like it was going down. Then we left for moms surgery and I left her with a friend.
I came back yesterday night and my Cham has gotten worse.
I’ll hopefully be able to take her to a vet soon(my parents aren’t thrilled about spending money and I don’t have much.) But I’m scared she needs to be put down. Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 127
Well, I could be wrong but it definitely does look like gout. Have you noticed her standing on only 3 of her legs? In other words, does it look like she is trying not to put pressure on the swollen leg?

I have a laybin. I’ll take her to the vet ASAP but it might be a few days
Is the lay bin in her cage?
Can you post a photo of it please?
I'd try not to wait to take her to the vet.
She should still be getting the calcium...she needs it for her bones and for the muscles needed to lay the eggs and for the shells of the eggs.
Make sure she's getting the D3 twice a month too. She needs enough D3 to absorb the calcium.

Is the lay bin in her cage?
Can you post a photo of it please?
I'd try not to wait to take her to the vet.
She should still be getting the calcium...she needs it for her bones and for the muscles needed to lay the eggs and for the shells of the eggs.
Make sure she's getting the D3 twice a month too. She needs enough D3 to absorb the calcium.
This is the lay bin. I think it needs more water so that she can dig through it easier but I’ll do that in the morning. I’ll make sure she gets enough D3 too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom