Got new cage

Hi all! I currently have my ~8 month old female veiled chameleon in the cage that comes in the Chameleon kit (don't worry I've been on here long enough and have changed all the lighting and inside set up and all). But I forget the size it is, but that is the one she's in. However, I just bought and am setting up the 2x2x4 cage! I'm super excited about that. I am waiting until after she lays her eggs to transition her into the bigger cage. I plan on keeping the larger cage with me at college (since that's where I'm living), and leaving the smaller cage at my house. However, I'm wondering if when I go home for breaks (Thanksgiving/ Christmas) if I can put her in that for the time being? Will she be ok in the smaller cage for about a week when I go home on breaks? Or will that stress her out?

Yay! You got your big enclosure! It’s so exciting and fun to set up.
I think any change stresses them out. She should be fine in her old enclosure when you go home. I don’t know what kind of memories chams build, but perhaps she’ll remember it and that will reduce her stress.

Congrats yayyyyyyyyy!!!! You have come so far with her! Wonderful job hun!

So yeah any change and they seem to get a little moody... I think the only major consideration is if she happens to be ready to lay when you have to go home.... Ya know? Otherwise she may get moody but hey arent all Veileds moody :hilarious:

Congrats yayyyyyyyyy!!!! You have come so far with her! Wonderful job hun!

So yeah any change and they seem to get a little moody... I think the only major consideration is if she happens to be ready to lay when you have to go home.... Ya know? Otherwise she may get moody but hey arent all Veileds moody :hilarious:
Thank you so so much. All thanks to this amazing place for making sure I do everything right :love:! But yes I agree. I’m hoping she lays before the time comes, but if I run into that issue I’ll post on this thread again so you all can help! thank you so so much!

I know there is lots of work left.. but this is what I’ve gotten to! Have a bucket I’m putting underneath, to catch the water from the holes I’ve drilled in the bottom of the Viv. Live dracena plant with river stones on the top so the soil isn’t exposed. I know I need more branches and foliage! What do you think so far? Open to any suggestions!

Attachments

• 89977398-CDDC-4A8F-92B1-2470D96312F8.jpeg
    89977398-CDDC-4A8F-92B1-2470D96312F8.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 63
I would move the dracaena to the side, and put a more branchy plant in the middle. Dracaena's are great for filling space but not great for climbing. You need more horizontal branches. Empty space is wasted space! ;)

Back
Top Bottom