Got my silkworms.... now what?

Hanzow

So my silkworms finally arrived. Do I just toss them in the mealworm feeder cup or what? I tried tong feeding my little girl one and she puffed up and opened her mouth which I've never seen before. What does everyone else do?

I hand feed mine. You could put the worm on a branch out in front of your cham. If you keep her in a cage you could let tne worm crawl up the screen. Sometimes it takes them awhile to know they are food. :)

If my hand is anywhere near her she will flip out and run away. I'm trying to wait awhile before I handle her again. Until she is out of the danger zone (3months) at least. Yes I sang the song...

If my hand is anywhere near her she will flip out and run away. I'm trying to wait awhile before I handle her again. Until she is out of the danger zone (3months) at least. Yes I sang the song...
LnknnCY.gif

did you manage to find some mulberry or get the chow too? they dont move far from where you stick them, so just put them in places that are visible. You'll need to feed the ones you dont immediately feed off though

hahaha, Love Archer. I got 2 50 count pods. Comes with food for 2 weeks in it.

I would order some more food for them. If your baby is under 3 months, the worms must be very small just now and will have quite a bit of growing to do. If they reach cocoon stage you can start with eggs and go the full circle.:)

The bigger ones in the pods are still small enough for her. Honestly I just want to get her eating. I realize there may not be the full amount of nutrition in the small worms, but I just want to get her eating something as I've been very worried about her lately. Got her on the 3rd and her eating has been spotty.

The bigger ones in the pods are still small enough for her. Honestly I just want to get her eating. I realize there may not be the full amount of nutrition in the small worms, but I just want to get her eating something as I've been very worried about her lately. Got her on the 3rd and her eating has been spotty.

Meant food for the worms.LOL Small worms are just as nutritious as large ones. Full of calcium.

Just an update: Have some silkies in the feeder cup that she finds sometimes, but I've been putting some on the branches and she finds them all. Thanks for all the advice!:D

Great news. It's good to find something they will eat. I don't use supplements on silkies so have to find some other feeder to dust vits and d3. Will you breed them?

Back
Top Bottom