Got my panthered chameleon

Got my second chameleon yesterday at a local reptile store instead of shipping in the winter. He is a 4-5 week old baby and seems healthy and happy in his new enclosure. Anyone have any tips on feeding such a small fella? My veiled chameleon was already old enough for crickets and this guy can't he's so small. Any suggestions. Worried he's not getting the flies I'm placing in his cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 193
Just very small crickets and you could feed some small silk worms. You would be surprised how they can catch the flies! What is that green thing hanging in the cage? It looks like he could get his nails caught in it.

You could put him in a bucket with his plants and vines and put that inside the cage. He will have to expend less energy looking for food.

The green thing is a reptile hammock. Its been is basking spot so far but he also seems to just like to crawl around on the metal screen lid of the cage which is okay I guess other then if he ventures to close to the daylight bulb I'm afraid it could burn him. It's just a 40w but he just will not get off the top of the cage for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom