Got isopods

SMCNARY

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840790.416629.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840821.656938.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840837.322295.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840869.804314.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840899.587590.jpg
Just started 3 colonies of Isopods,orange,tan & Florida Brown
It will take 2-3 months for them to produce enough for a constant supply but I can wait!! I now have crickets,mealworms,superworms,dubia,red runners,hornworms,silkworms,blue bottle flies,Isopods and Phoenix worms!!! If that's not a good enough variety of feeders then I am just done.... Naw I find some more in time :<)

Hahaha, man you have everything but the kitchen sink as far as feeders go.

Good luck with the isopods.

Hahaha, man you have everything but the kitchen sink as far as feeders go.

Good luck with the isopods.

Yep,just need some
baby's to feed them to!!! If I can be even half as successful with the Cham babies as I have been with the feeders it will be fantastic !!!
:D

View attachment 79202View attachment 79204View attachment 79205View attachment 79208View attachment 79209
Just started 3 colonies of Isopods,orange,tan & Florida Brown
It will take 2-3 months for them to produce enough for a constant supply but I can wait!! I now have crickets,mealworms,superworms,dubia,red runners,hornworms,silkworms,blue bottle flies,Isopods and Phoenix worms!!! If that's not a good enough variety of feeders then I am just done.... Naw I find some more in time :<)

Oops, I forgot the fruit flies, two types!!! :)

in the 3rd pic, what are those blue things? is that how you water your roaches? I am looking for a few dif/ ways to water my roaches :rolleyes: :)

in the 3rd pic, what are those blue things? is that how you water your roaches? I am looking for a few dif/ ways to water my roaches :rolleyes: :)

Those look to be the cardboard egg crate that the isopods were packed with.

Use oranges to water your roaches. Just give them a new slice or two everyday.

Solidsnake is correct the blue things are wet eggcrate that the isopods were shipped with,I use water crystale to keep EVERYTHING hydrated

I keep oranges,apples and a variety of fruits and veggies for my roaches at all times as well as a dry mix with many of the ingredients that sandracham has posted. I also use plain water crystals from Lowes or Home Depot without any fertilizer etc. it is cheep and works fantastic as a back up!!! ALL of my feeders are breeding like nothing I ever imagined !!! For the roaches I suggest a combination of water crystals, dry mix and fresh fruits and veggies!!!! My Dubia colonies (2) have gained 4 times the weight from when they started!!! They are so full that I will need to take the two colonies and split them into 4-6 colonies.
Feel free to pm me and if you want I will give you my cell if I can help!!!!
Steve

I have the best source for Isopods, if anyone wants some pm me!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928430.085664.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928450.567661.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928475.682499.jpg
My chams are eating them up!!!!
By the way the superworms are also breeding like crazy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928590.219833.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928607.333857.jpg

Hey, nice! 3 cultures of isopods. I have got just a starter set from my friend who gave me various insects (Indian walking sticks too :)).
We call them Woodlice over here.
You have even more variety than I do though - I only have one type of fruit fly :rolleyes::cool::D
How many chameleons do you keep?

Back
Top Bottom