9ujuzudy.jpg
uqute5es.jpg
emupedur.jpg
5a3ety7u.jpg
azeza5y2.jpg

Another part of the long story to follow
pu2etu8a.jpg
myre5y2a.jpg

Long story coming soon,not for the faint of heart, cricket murder will be included so do not read if you don't want to hear the gory details!!!!!!!!

This May take a few posts as I am tired and have been sorting roaches and MURDERING CRICKETS!!!!!!!
Here goes the start...
The Picts you see are of one of two Dubia colonies I had. One (not shown) for feeders and this one I had left alone to get a good colony started. As u can see it has done well, I only made sure the temp was good and fed them well. I noticed 2 things, one was the tub got heavy and 2 I started to see crickets in it. I made a total ROOKIE MISTAKE when I set up this colony. I thought well these are roaches so it won't hurt to use some slightly used egg crate (used for crickets).
WRONG!!!! Egg crates hold crickets eggs and when kept hot and moist they HATCH!!!!! (The crickets). So here is my problem,I have a thriving Dubia colony but it is getting heavily infested with..... YOU GOT IT...CRICKETS!!!!!
If you are FAINT OF HEART STOP READING NOW!!!!!!!
Me being ME I could not have a cricket infestation in my Dubia colony.

haha, I was about to say "Hey Steve, you seem to have a cricket problem in your dubia colony" LOL. Nice colony. I recently had to thin mine out as it was way too large for me.

So I removed all egg crate etc and then started hunting crickets with both hands and MURDERING THEM UNTIL NOT ONE WAS LEFT!!!! At that point my eyes were blurry and my back hurt (I guess I deserve it ) but not a single cricket survived the horrific attack!!!! :D the last pictures are of the two colonies of adults I started from this colony and a small tub of baby's to use as food!!! So DON'T MAKE THE SAME STUPID MISTAKE I MADE!!! Use new egg crate for your roaches!!!
BTW does anyone know a good source for egg crate(I use a lot) and need some more!!!!
Sorry for the long boring posts but if it helps someone from making the same stupid mistake I made then it will be worth it!!!
Steve

I'm waiting too...

OMG you touch them and let them crawl on your hand!!! :eek: If I decide to breed Dubia's I will def. have a pair of LONG handled feeding tongs...

Steve,

Check EBAY and Amazon for the egg flats. Search in the agriculture areas under chicken Egg flats. You can get a ton of them cheep.....Get it....CHEEP!!!!

LOL

Bobby

Of course with another colony of Dubia I had to provide heat so that why I made another flexwatt strip to keep the little buggers warm, I decided not to get into the gory details of MURDERING the crickets with my bare hands and the fact that my hands were wet with cricket juices!!!!! OH WHAT WE WILL DO FOR OUR CHAMS!!!!! I could get gross about now but u get the picture!!!!:eek:

Uhhhhh, why didn't you just throw the crix into the crix bin?

Besides I was pissed that these DAM crickets were in my Dubia bin so..... Well I took out my anger on those little buggers!!! I know I am a bad man for this and will probably burn for it. :mad:

haha, I was about to say "Hey Steve, you seem to have a cricket problem in your dubia colony" LOL. Nice colony. I recently had to thin mine out as it was way too large for me.

Thanks, you would have been correct, crickets don't belong in a Dubia colony!!!

Back
Top Bottom