Got a new cage need some pointers.

Sugybooks

Got Greedo a new cage! It's a 2x2x4 DIYCage. Quite the upgrade just don't know how to fill the room haha. Anyone have bigger plant suggestions? Good decorations etc? I already have a drain idea in mind. I'm just still in the process of doing the inside.
IMG_1384.JPG

Definitely want to get that cage off the ground and on something. They like to be up high. If you want to raise plants up higher, you can take a bucket and turn it upside down and set the plant on top. Ficus get tall as well as Shefflera.

Definitely want to get that cage off the ground and on something. They like to be up high. If you want to raise plants up higher, you can take a bucket and turn it upside down and set the plant on top. Ficus get tall as well as Shefflera.
I already have both those and as I stated I'm in the process of building a drain/stand but thanks for the pointers

I don't see where you said that, that's why I asked. Many people don't do these things so we assume we have to tell them. Didn't mean any offense :) good luck

I'm not trying to come off as rude either I just got off a 18 hour shift and am just pretty much throwing words out there half awake lol

my chameleon was in a small cage with a umbrella plant and it done great but I have moved him into a larger cage 1 week ago
and he will not eat crickets or hunt them any more. I feed him some silkworms and he ate those a lot. I have got 2 ficus plants
and 1 pothos plant and 1 more plant but I don't know the name of it but I had to order a plant light because I did not have enough
light 2 foot light so watch out for that.

I have found pothos to be the all around most convenient and easy to keep. I also really like the look of bromeliads. As has already been stated look into umbrella plants as well.

Did you get your cage directly from DIYcages or did you get it from ebay? I've seen them on eBay and they're a few dollars cheaper. I wonder what the difference is

Did you get your cage directly from DIYcages or did you get it from ebay? I've seen them on eBay and they're a few dollars cheaper. I wonder what the difference is
I got it directly from DIYCages it was 105 flat. I think the difference is 5$ haha I'm not sure

It seems like it's a 5 dollars difference + shipping haha. I do wonder if it's the exact same cage or a different one. It just seems odd to offer the same cage for cheaper on ebay. Anyway, you should keep us posted about your drainage system once completed!

I have the same cage. Definitely look for a large umbrella plant. Mine literally fills the bottom half of the cage. I also have a mass cane ( Dracaena fragrans), which fills out the top half, along with various vines strung thought.

Here's a photo of the enclosure.

IMG_20170816_190353149.jpg

I have the same cage. Definitely look for a large umbrella plant. Mine literally fills the bottom half of the cage. I also have a mass cane ( Dracaena fragrans), which fills out the top half, along with various vines strung thought.

Here's a photo of the enclosure.

View attachment 188640
I like that setup! I have a umbrella plant I believe and it's double the size it was lol. I guess I'll have to find better places for plants haha.

I just made a cage that looks strikingly similar to that. But, it is 3' by 3' by 2... ran into a couple bumps in the road with the spline and the screen. But, next time I will be more prepared.

I need a bottom like that one, anyone know what kind of material that stuff is?

Also, do you know what is is that they use to hold them together?

I becan using sheet metal screws, they work, but they aren't as clean cut looking as that one is.

thanks.

Also what bulb are you using? I have the exact same lamp too

I use a 75w halogen bulb for my cage since my girlfriend like to keep the house cold... No need to by the expensive pet store brand bulbs when they are exactly the same as a house bulb. Just stay away from LED bulbs since LEDs put out almost no heat.

Back
Top Bottom