Good thermometers/humidity gauges

ampharosy

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my veiled's cage and building my own out of a curio cabinet and while I'm doing that I want to also upgrade some of her cage supplies, but the one I'm kinda stuck on is a thermometer and hygrometer. Right now I have one of the cheap ones from petco and I understand that they're not the best quality. I was wondering what you guys recommend? Preferably nothing too expensive because I'm about to move houses and have other expenses to pay for.

I would just use a temp gun to check basking and a thermometer for the ambient room temp. Hygrometers don't seem to be that accurate, I have a digital one that shows ambient temp and humidity, along with a few cheap analogs sitting around. I just take their average.

I use these and love them. They are in the outside garden area of Home Depot, usually next to the swimming pool chemicals.
IMG_2239.PNG

Zilla sells a nice digital thermometer/hygrometer combo for around $30 and it's real accurate. Should be able to pick it up at petco or petsmart

Hey, do you have this in a place where it gets mist on it? Do you know how it holds up to regular misting? Thanks!

I have 1 right right next to a mystic head so we'll have to see how that one hold up. I use these in my tortoise enclosures where humidity is above 90% with mistings but that hand misting. The is the first time I've had one next to an automatic mister but it's only $10

Most don't hold up to direct water. What I do is just read the ambient humidity near the cage. If it's 50-60 after a misting, then it's probably 70-80 in the cage between the plants.

Back
Top Bottom