Good Setup For Breeding Crix?

Chamified

Title says it all. If I need to improve anything please state and yes I know I will need another tank for pinheads. BTW the soil is a little damp.
~THANKS

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 170
i would use cricket water or a source of vegi or fruit, potato works decent for water too. sponges suck cause they dry so quick.

Pretty good just maybe put a stick or something so they can get to the dirt. I currently have eggs incubating and are due to hatch any day now. When you get the eggs make sure to ALWAYS keep it moist. Good luck and its really funny seeing them lay ahah

Pretty good just maybe put a stick or something so they can get to the dirt. I currently have eggs incubating and are due to hatch any day now. When you get the eggs make sure to ALWAYS keep it moist. Good luck and its really funny seeing them lay ahah

Stefan, so the cricket eggs are in an incubator... or did i totally miss read what you were saying??? :eek: lisa

Anyway I got 10 adult crickets to fit in there have male and female and keeping the soil damp the soil I use is Miracle Grow Moisture Control. When should I start seeing eggs?

Stefan, so the cricket eggs are in an incubator... or did i totally miss read what you were saying??? :eek: lisa

Well i guess you can call it on incubator. Its not an ACTUAL one though lol.

I took the laying container out 2 days after i put it in and put the lid on. Then i put it in a bigger Rubbermaid container so when they hatch out, i take the laying cont. lid off and they start to swarm out into the bigger bin.

You can start noticing really tiny eggs between 8-14 days. They are small but get bigger. You also need to keep the container moist even when the eggs are incubating.

I use the new and improved version which doesnt let too much or too little moisture in.

I use vermiculite for the females to lay their eggs. The crickets and the eggs they come from never touch dirt (or soil).

Also, I would recommend the water crystals or apple or piece of watermelon rind, rather than a sponge. You will be able to throw it away when it dries out. With a sponge, you have to soak it again and after a while it will be a bacterial mess.

Other than that, as Stefan said, you need something to let the females get to the egg laying medium. It can be a piece of egg crate, cardboard, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom