Good morning everyone! And a good morning it is!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Eustis has had his lights turned on and his enclosure misted and right now he’s got his face in his feeder cup slurping up his crickets and meal worms! His night time temp got down into the mid 60’s last night and all is well with the world! Lol! I’m sorry if you all are tired of my questions. I know I’ve been asking a lot of them but I have a mist king coming and I wondered what do you do with all the water that comes from misting them, do you collect it in something in the bottom of the enclosure or what? I need some good advice. Thanks in advance! Also is tap water okay to use for misting and drinking or should I be using spring water or what?

Everyone has their own manner of managing excess drainage. I had the official ReptiBreeze stands which made it possible to drill some drainage holes in the enclosure floor and have the water drain into a bucket below. Some use drainage pans, like Dragon Strand’s. Right now half of my enclosures are bioactive and the other two I have a ton of plants strategically placed to collect excess water. It’s pretty much whatever works for you.
Tap water can cause mineral build up in your Mist King, which can kill it. Some use distilled water, others use reverse osmosis water. For economy and ecology, I bought a reverse osmosis system that I can easily attach to my kitchen sink when I need to ‘make water’. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOG63OY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At the moment I can only get mealworms, wax worms, and crickets locally so I give several crickets and only 2 mealworms OR wax worms a day. Thanks for the link, I will go check it out now. I just got my lil dripped hooked up. Boy those things are hard to regulate!

Let me encourage you a little bit. We are all Cham enthusiasts here and we don't mind you asking "a lot" of questions because we want you to succeed and for your Cham to have the best quality of life it can. So don't be afraid to ask questions. It's what we are here for. :)

Thank you! Where is the best place and most economical place to get horned worms, etc that are better for my Cham? I can get crickets no problem but other things are hard to get locally.

Here’s a great feeder chart! Rainbow Mealworms ( rainbowmealworms.net ) always has super cheap hornworms! Roaches, flies/moths, grasshoppers, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, etc. are better than hornworms, mealworms, wax worms, etc. (last 3 are treat feeders and/or hornworms as an extra hydration boost, too)

Attachments

• chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thank you! Where is the best place and most economical place to get horned worms, etc that are better for my Cham? I can get crickets no problem but other things are hard to get locally.
I use dubiaroaches.com they’re very reasonably priced and you can get pretty much anything that you’re looking for on there! I get my Dubias, hornworms, and black soldier fly larvae from there. They ship pretty fast in my experience!

Back
Top Bottom