good misting timers???

dakotakleiner

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a good misting timer for cheap the one that will run a minute or two in the morning and also before night is what I'm looking for and the one I know of is about 60$......please let me know thanks.... and also if any one has veiled experience I have a male veiled if you could tell me how much I should mist him right now I do about 30 seconds in the morning and about 40-50 seconds a few hours before bedtime.

I'm not sure about the timer, but you should mist 2-3 times for about 30 sec. every day. You should also leave a dripper on for 6-8 hours. DO NOT leave the dripper on all day. It will harbor bacteria, and flood, and it could potentially kill your cham. Hope this helps!

~Conner D.

Cheap and fits your description.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_155671-95363-TE06WHBL_0_?productId=3125319&Ntt=timer&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=timer

I'm not sure about the timer, but you should mist 2-3 times for about 30 sec. every day. You should also leave a dripper on for 6-8 hours. DO NOT leave the dripper on all day. It will harbor bacteria, and flood, and it could potentially kill your cham. Hope this helps!

~Conner D.

Ya I run the dripper often and I used to mist like almost 5 minutes 3 times a day but then a lot of people told me that was bad so I cut back and I'm good with the dripper thanks for the info

Cheap and fits your description.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_155671-95363-TE06WHBL_0_?productId=3125319&Ntt=timer&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=timer

Lol its funny that you posted that but I use that exact timer for my lights and I got it for 1499 from CVS
However I'm not sure if it goes on and off twice in one day I think it does only once I'll have to check it out thanks

Walmart has analog timers with unlimited on-offs (15 min increments) for under 10 dollars. No reason to have a digital.

Get the one reptoman has. I have that one its 16 bucks at lowes. You can plug in 2 things at once. And can set 8 different times m-s or 3 days a week or just weekends it awesome for the price.

Walmart has analog timers with unlimited on-offs (15 min increments) for under 10 dollars. No reason to have a digital.

Unless the OP wants his mister to run for 15 minute increments, and I am pretty sure he doesn't since he mentioned a minute or two, I would say he does need a digital timer.

To the OP: Have you checked out the seconds time from mistking yet? It's considerably cheaper than just about everything else out there.

Ill answer this question for all members looking for cycle timers at different price range.First(U8 TIMER OR ECO PLUS DIGITAL TIMER)is the same model used by DC2AP2,it as a minimum on time of 1 min and will switch power on and off up to six times a day,its not bad and the best for that price 20-25$ but if you want to upgrade and have more control of your misting system thise timers are ideal(ART-DNE CYCLE TIMER)adjustable on time from 1 sec to 40 min and off time from 1 min to 8 hours,it as a day,night,both switch that allows you to select the time period that the unit will operate 75-85$.(IGS-011 CYCLE TIMER)adjustable on time from 30 sec to 30 min and off time from 1 min to 12 hours,it as a integrated photocell that will differentiate day and night and will initiate day or night periodic control you can set the timer to cycle at all times or daytime only80-90$.If you want top of the line equipment it will cost you 100-200$ you dont really need that but(IGS-010,SENTINEL DRT-1,SENTINEL MDT-1)are some of the best on the market and will give a hi-teck look to your room if you care for that.

You don't need anything fancy. The link I have below is a cheap timer that works great! The lowest you can have is minute intervals. The most sessions you can have in one day is 7. I like it because you can change the cycles on different days. I highly recommend this one! I have been using it for over a year and have not had any problems what so ever! And it's available at petsmart.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752178

I hate to plug my own products, but I thought i'd chime in here because I went through a lot of timers before arriving at this one.

Problem with Hardware store digital timers is that they rely on watch style battery. When that battery is drained (may take few months, a year or two but will happen!), there isn't enough current to trip the relay - your misting system can stay on 'forever' until you manually turn it off. Not sure why this is the design, esp that the timer is constantly plugged into a socket, but that's just the way it is. This is the sole reason I tell everyone not to use these for misting systems. It's OK if you have it connected to a lamp...no big deal if one day the lamp doesn't turn ON or OFF, it's different if you have a 5 gal bucket full of water connected to a misting pump. Also, the programmed ON times are set on per minute basis. (smallest ON interval is 1 minute) .

Repeat cycle timers can do seconds, true, but for whatever reason are much more expensive than other timers (don't even have a digital display!). Problem is that all the cycles are the same, which in my opinion is crap. I for one, don't want to mist my animals same intervals throughout the day. The photo cell is a nice idea if you use in a green house, but what if you have your animals in the living room and the TV flickers and you put the lights on and off all the time? The timer then thinks it's day and starts cycling again...so you put it in a drawer and turn photo cell off - then it cycles 24hrs per day, so then you plug in the expensive repeat cycle timer into a cheap hardware store timer and you set on time at 8am, off at 8pm to keep it from coming on when the lights are on in the room ...sigh...I've been there :)

our timer can
- run 8 different intervals (from 1sec to 1 week)
- it can run it at specific hrs of the day/week/other day/weekend etc (ie. 8am 24sec, 10:32am for 2 min and 17 sec... it can also do certain timings say every other day...so if you want to give a major shower to your chameleon every onther day you can.)
- it has a rechargable battery which keeps the timer operational and reduces the relay triggering problem associated with other digital timers.
-UL listed

if I find a better timer I'll start stocking it, but for now that's the best I found for a misting system.

I just got the seconds time from marty(mistking)and holy cow that thing is unbeatable. It's especially unbeatable for the 24 bucks it costs. Super easy to program once you read the short instruction handout and really just tremendous.

(Second reply part 1) I ll add to my first reply,there are different types of timers that work in different ways(delay on make,delay on break,interval,single shot,cycle timers...)now technology costs money and the only way to manufacture a cheap timer is by using a battery powered relay and no matter witch one,all batterys are not reliable and will drained, including(ni-cd,li-ion and ni-mh)and because batterys self-discharge,you can never tell how long a brand new timer will last,they will usually last anywhere from(1day to 3 years)and like Marty says about cheap timers when the battery is drained there isn t enough current to trip the relay,so your misting system will stay on until you manually turn it off,i ll add to that if you are not home when that happens,your water pump will empty the water tank and start to pump air,this will cause the pump motor to overheat and if you are not home in time to manually turn it off,it will burn your water pump and also could flood your room as well.

(Second reply part 2)I have learned by my mistake,today i depend on a cycle timer(IGS-011)cycle timers are very simple and very advanced,they use microprocessor timing circuitry thats why they are more expensive,the switching action is a solid state relay energizing on each cycle,a solid state relay is an electronic switch that contains no moving parts so they dont rely on batterys to operate and will not cause thise types of problems witch makes them very reliable and should last for ever,the photocell is not a problem for more advanced chameleon keepers because you should never disrupt a chameleons sleeping cycle,it should be in a dark room and photocells will not be effected by any types of night lights(blue,red).I recommend the(IGS-011)first but i will also recommend the(ART-DNE),if you want the safety of a cycle timer and the ability to program different cycles irecommend the(IGS-010)it can have up to 39 possibles on time from(5sec to 60 min)and off time from(1min to 12 hours)put they dont come cheap and you dont really need that.

(Second reply part 3) Marty dont get me wrong,i personally use your misting systems and i think it is the best of the best and i understand why your selling battery powered relay timers 50% of chameleon owners dont have proper chameleon rooms and photocells might be effected,so if you have to use a cheap battery powered relay timer use the ones with NI-MH RECHARGEBLE BATTERY like(MISTKING or U8 TIMERS)they have 2 to 3 times the capacity of an equivalent size ni-cd and are low self-discharge,but they dont last for ever example a cell phone battery,so for that reason i recommend that you change thise timers ones a year if you dont want problems that could cost you a shitload of money,Marty PLZ if you go has far as selling climate controllers,i a client of mistking would really like to see a cycle timer like(IGS-011)or(ART-DNE)in your product selections because they are very specialized equipment and hard to find.I hope this info will be valuable to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom