Good Incubator?

ERKleRose

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've got a pair of chams coming in that are wild-caught, so the female could already be gravid, along with me wanting to try to breed them later on, and am looking for a good incubator. I'll also use it to hatch out grasshopper and silkworm eggs when not in use. Does anyone have a favorite brand or model or personal recommendation? Thanks!

DVM exotics makes a good series of incubators that allow for day/night temperature differences and two chambers of different temperatures in them. Like any electronic, they need to be monitored to make sure nothing goes wrong, but I've had generally good experience with them. I think there's been a delay with his manufacturing but if enough folks show interest he might start making them again. For easy to incubate species like veileds with a seemingly high tolerance range, I've been successful with the classic hova-bator incubators. However, in my experience, many incubators that aren't highly expensive might be more trouble than they're worth. Lots of great breeders just let the eggs incubate in reptile rooms etc. instead. For all incubators, I would recommend buying a small thermometer that sends your phone alerts if the temperature goes too high or too low, so you can intervene in time should something go wrong.

DVM exotics makes a good series of incubators that allow for day/night temperature differences and two chambers of different temperatures in them. Like any electronic, they need to be monitored to make sure nothing goes wrong, but I've had generally good experience with them. I think there's been a delay with his manufacturing but if enough folks show interest he might start making them again. For easy to incubate species like veileds with a seemingly high tolerance range, I've been successful with the classic hova-bator incubators. However, in my experience, many incubators that aren't highly expensive might be more trouble than they're worth. Lots of great breeders just let the eggs incubate in reptile rooms etc. instead. For all incubators, I would recommend buying a small thermometer that sends your phone alerts if the temperature goes too high or too low, so you can intervene in time should something go wrong.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom