Good dripper or way to modify little dripper?

WashingtonCham

Established Member
I’ve had nothing but problems with my little dripper, I’ve tried all the little tricks and now I’m down to just dripping it through top of cage as the tube clogs with air constantly. I filled it up this morning and it’s already stopped hour later which sucks for my Cham. I think it may have something to do with the heat lamp creating condensation and air inside the tank but anyways, I need either a d.i.y. Fix for this solution or possibly a pressurized dripper system I could buy? Ive looked but find none that look like something that will work other than putting one on my mist king which would ruin my misting schedule. So I’m just wondering if anyone has fitted a brass fitting to theirs and if so could you possibly give me dimensions of the piece you used. As the dripper already has a hole I fear trying to make it bigger to fit a bigger dripper nozzle would end in a oblong size hole.

hmmmm... I don't have these issues. is the tube pushed all the way on to the valve? If it is not it will allow air to get in. I also keep mine away from the heat lamp. You can do a forum search. I have seen a few thread where people did a pressurized version.

hmmmm... I don't have these issues. is the tube pushed all the way on to the valve? If it is not it will allow air to get in. I also keep mine away from the heat lamp. You can do a forum search. I have seen a few thread where people did a pressurized version.
Yah my cage is only 16 inches till my dragonstrand comes so im limited on space. But yah tube def on all the way when it was on. But I literally have the tube off now and it stops itself still I found some posts on this but none with dimensions

2CFBCE88-3137-4964-9B68-EEC2AAE5A116.png

10L reservoir
1 decent pump from Amazon
Tube and a bodge to attach
IV dripper ends
Waste water catcher
Waste water bucket

15573421563764999908455803721079.jpg 15573423983426005056431994551530.jpg 15573424660902784590105328972877.jpg 15573425396471371773139556297260.jpg

The bucket needs work lol. However, a bit of a bodge with a few parts and I have a reliable drip system with good rate. I fill morning and evening only.

10L reservoir
1 decent pump from Amazon
Tube and a bodge to attach
IV dripper ends
Waste water catcher
Waste water bucket

View attachment 231551View attachment 231552View attachment 231553View attachment 231554

The bucket needs work lol. However, a bit of a bodge with a few parts and I have a reliable drip system with good rate. I fill morning and evening only.
Cool thanks this is something I wanted to have peace of mind that my dripper is working and I can put the pump on my WiFi timer to turn it on from my phone if need be. Perfect thanks.

Cool thanks this is something I wanted to have peace of mind that my dripper is working and I can put the pump on my WiFi timer to turn it on from my phone if need be. Perfect thanks.
I leave it running permanently. If you stop it, gravity makes the water fall in the pipes and as it's very restricted by the IV, the pump can't push the water up 1.5m.

If your reservoir was on a similar level, that wouldn't occur.

I did all this after being being fed up of unreliable dripper setups.

I leave it running permanently. If you stop it, gravity makes the water fall in the pipes and as it's very restricted by the IV, the pump can't push the water up 1.5m.

If your reservoir was on a similar level, that wouldn't occur.

I did all this after being being fed up of unreliable dripper setups.
hey! I know this is an older thread but I really want an auto dripper like this. I'm just not sure how to set it up or what pump would be best. and if I put the reservoir above the cage will I be able to turn it off with a timer then? if there's a pump you recommend could you link it for me?

Back
Top Bottom