Good DIY Feeding Cups

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
I have seen it before where people make feeder cups out of recycled material. I might try this to keep the roaches from escaping and to help my cham see her food better. Does anyone have any good suggestions/videos/instructions?

I just use a solo cup. Yeah it’s kind of ugly, but I just remove it when he’s done eating.

I used a solo cup and i poked holes through it and twist-tied it to the mesh on the cage(mine is picky so i had some issues with him knocking it over when i was switching him to roaches -_-). I switched it to an old superworm container though so he doesnt have to be directly above it to hit the bottom.

Yeah the main problem I am trying to combat is the fact that my cham knocks the cup over to get the the roaches instead of just going through the top o_O and then of course the cup falls to the ground and the roaches escape in the cage and find a way to escape the cage. Plus, I have paper towels at the bottom of my cage and when my cham aimed at a roach and missed, I walked in to her trying to eat a paper towel. Thankfully, she didn't eat any because I pulled it out of her mouth and she didn't like it anyway. But, the point is, the roaches are on my last nerve! I need a secure feeder cup.

Not particularly DIY, but I couldn't find a good bowl to attach to the mesh cage, so I wandered to a different section and ended up getting this small bird-bowl, looped one of the extra bendy-vines I have through the holder loops on the bowl, it keeps it in place, and off the floor; it also comes out easy when it needs to be cleaned. :)

Attachments

• feeder.PNG
    feeder.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 79
Oh thats not a bad idea since its plastic i thought of those but the ones at my work are metal and a bit heavier so i figured they would wear at the mesh.

Oh thats not a bad idea since its plastic i thought of those but the ones at my work are metal and a bit heavier so i figured they would wear at the mesh.

I got the smallest one they had at Petco, and it's honestly not heavy at all. I slipped it over one of the vines, and it holds itself up on it, and since the vine can move around I can tilt it, or place it in different sections of the cage, or up against the side to keep him guessing. :) He seems to like it, and since it's not attached to the mesh it doesn't have to be there constantly or when I don't have anything in it.

Back
Top Bottom