Gonna make a chameleon jungle gym

Planning to begin working on it this weekend. I am also going to start a project for the new bearded dragon. Something similar to this.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=184334&sid=d205a0eb4eeb47d19ed4413e5d1ee11b

And my boyfriend has been busy researching plants and fish for our new pond. Ha. Busy, busy.
sounds like you two have lots of projects going on! ah the things we do for our pets :) we love them soo!
this fake rock was amazing!!! i want to make some for my snakes!

A little more progress. Hope to finish both cages tomorrow. Then to figure out how to add the inside components.

i think they are looking great!! definitely cant wait to see them with the insides done up too.

They look great so far! I love the natural look!! Your chams will love it!
Did you wrap them on the corners with hemp?

They look great so far! I love the natural look!! Your chams will love it!
Did you wrap them on the corners with hemp?

We wrapped the corners in twine that says it is UV resistant. The twine covers up the corner brackets. We also used a few zip ties and the twine to attach the plastic chicken fence stuff. I am going to do the bottoms in burlap and then put in a bunch of the tree branches for climbing. Prob gonna go with fake vines inside to keep it low maintenance. This will mainly be used on the weekend for outdoor time.

More progress. Still need to add more vines and foliage. The dang vines weren't on sale this week so I am hoping next week.

And of course, Rex hates it!!! He is such a JERK! But the boys will be in their new cages all day tomorrow soaking up those rays while I study.

more progress 1.jpg

more progress 2.jpg

more progress 3.jpg

more progress 4.jpg

more progress 5.jpg

That is freeking awesome! You know what I first thought when I saw it though. Took me back to my favorite cartoon.....the flintstones, Reminds me of the frames of the cars they would "drive". Gosh I LOVED that cartoon and could watch it today and enjoy it as much as i did back then and I am 41 yrs old....LOL. I might need to go out and buy the set if I can find it :)

Did not mean to get off topic...memory lane!
Look a great though, Now I need it go and find some clean limbs like that.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what type of wood it is! I was going to do the same thing and then later found out that the wood was toxic to chams! I'm using willow branches instead now :)

Did you happen to seal the branches on their cut points? It will rot quicker or grow bacteria if it doesnt have some type of sealant.

They boys are still getting used to the new outdoor playground. Hopefully when we add all of the vines they will feel more comfortable.

23Mar2013_1.jpg

23Mar2013_3.jpg

23Mar2013_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom