Gold bands and spots

Byron18

I have a female veiled chameleon. I don’t know how old she is because the pet shop didn’t know but I got her in March so under a year I’m guessing. Yesterday she didn’t have much pattern apart from yellow spots/streaks. Today I saw she has gold bands on her tail and gold spots on her body. Anyone know what this is or if it’s just pattern change. I can’t get a picture but In a few hours maybe

I don’t have a bin because there’s no signs of eggs yet. It’s the darker patches.
Make sure in the future that you always have a lay bin. You don't want her to get egg bound.

Attachments

• 4379B4F5-BEA8-4B98-98FE-09487EAE0EBD.jpeg
    4379B4F5-BEA8-4B98-98FE-09487EAE0EBD.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 69
  • 7BC6FAC3-092F-4BD0-9630-FA6CCD8705DB.jpeg
    7BC6FAC3-092F-4BD0-9630-FA6CCD8705DB.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 111
  • F555907E-436E-4149-A292-D342586D1393.jpeg
    F555907E-436E-4149-A292-D342586D1393.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 101
Those are the beginnings of her receptive colors. She has reached sexual maturity however she should not be bred until she has reached 1yr old.

A lay bin should become a permanent part of her viv from here on out. Do you know how to set up one properly? Have you read up on the processes her body is going to go through and how you need to meet those needs?

Nice chameleon. I saw a little bit thought it was too early to get one. Any tips on how to make it look good and efficient so she doesn’t dig up the substrate? I saw people say to put the Cham in the bin when shes got eggs, is that a good idea?

Last edited:
My substrate isn’t that deep and the mesh layer isn’t metal so she could probably rip it. I’ll show a picture. That’s a 15cm ruler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 68
It doesn’t have any insects on the bottom only a plant and was planning to get some shrubbery on the bottom so it isn’t as plain but if she’s going’s to dig then I don’t know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 106
Ok so it is now obvious to me that you do not have an understanding of what needs to happen here. No disrespect. Is that correct?

Let’s start over...

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

A good resource here is the veiled chameleon caresheet, I recommend reading it, along with filling out the form above, so we can help you and your chameleon.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - It is a veiled female chameleon. I don’t know how old she is because the pet shop couldn’t tell me but I got her in March this year.

◦ Handling - I handle her about once or twice a week. It depends on if she’s shedding or her mood at the time.

◦ Feeding - I have a chart for feeding. I have standard or a little bigger silent or black crickets and I feed 9 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I feed wax worms on the other days. I dust the crickets with calcium on Monday once a week and they’re covered quite a bit and with multivitamins once every 2 weeks. I hit load the worms with lettuce and the crickets with tomato or lettuce.

◦ Supplements - for the calci dust I use pro rep calci dust and for multi vitamins I use nutrobal.

◦ Watering - I use a hand pump mister. I mist in the morning at 8:30 am, when I get home from school around 4pm and about 8pm.

◦ Fecal Description - the poo is a dark brown colour and the urate is orange with bits of yellow. I havnt tested for parasites.

◦ History -

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Exo terra small x tall.

◦ Lighting - For heat I use an exo terra 75w daylight basking bulb with an exo terra bulb holder and for uvb I use 2

◦ Temperature - the basking spot is around 35°c and the overnight temp is about 23°c. I use a Komodo digital thermometer/hygrometer.

◦ Humidity - The humidity is around 60-70% and I use the same to measure the temp.

◦ Plants - A devils ivy plant on a straw like pole to help it grow and some twisted willow branches. I also have an exo terra vine.

◦ Placement - The cage is on top of a set of draws in the corner of my room. The window is on the other side. X.—————X. Cage on left X. Window on right X

The very top of the cage is about 1.8m from the floor
◦ Location - South England. Uk

Current Problem -was told to do this.

--------------

I’m pretty sure tomatoes are toxic and I’m not sure about the plant. I would vary up the diet and only feed waxworms as a treat, lettuce as gutload is basically water, no nutritional value, Cage is too small and you might want to look into getting a screen cage. Not sure on the rest because I don’t own veileds so I’m not sure on their temps and humidity

I’m pretty sure tomatoes are toxic and I’m not sure about the plant. I would vary up the diet and only feed waxworms as a treat, lettuce as gutload is basically water, no nutritional value, Cage is too small and you might want to look into getting a screen cage. Not sure on the rest because I don’t own veileds so I’m not sure on their temps and humidity
And you need a lay bin

Back
Top Bottom