Going to take Eustis to the vet on saturday

My parson's, which does a brumation, doesn't care about a nice warm day. He won't eat until he is ready to be done with the slow season.
This is some welcome information, because my parson´s is brumating for the first time and it just keeps nerving me that she almost doesn´t eat any more, only drinking. But on the contrary of the jacksons, she´s still pretty active all day. It also looks like she´s shy of heat and UVB, she lives more at the mid section of the enclosure and doesn´t bask at all, she will stay 3/4 of her time there. Also noticed such behavior with your parson´s during winter/brumation time?

Thank you so much for responding! I agree with you but I’m still not sure wha t I should do to keep Eustis on an even keel so to speak. Is increasing the heat in my house from 68 to 70 ok and giving him a longer basking time or should I keep basking time from 7 am til 11am? I just want to do what’s best for him. I can’t do anything about the shorter daylight outside but it does seem to effect him.
I would keep the basking light on for how ever long he seems to need it or you need it to maintain the correct ambient temperature. During winter I end up leaving my basking lights on all day, but that is because I am not able to heat my house.

This is some welcome information, because my parson´s is brumating for the first time and it just keeps nerving me that she almost doesn´t eat any more, only drinking. But on the contrary of the jacksons, she´s still pretty active all day. It also looks like she´s shy of heat and UVB, she lives more at the mid section of the enclosure and doesn´t bask at all, she will stay 3/4 of her time there. Also noticed such behavior with your parson´s during winter/brumation time?
My parson's just decides he is done with the year and tells everyone to get off his lawn. My Jackson's will be active all year.

Back
Top Bottom