Going to take Eustis to the vet on saturday

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m not sure what’s wrong, but he may be sleeping during the day. i can’t see if his eyes are closed from my chair and when I get up to check his eyes are open, just not sure. Also often in the am when i take the plastic off the front of his door he is sitting with his nose in the air. I’m afraid of a URI! I’ve made an apt to drop him off in the morning on Saturday and pick him up at noon. The Vet is very busy so I can only get a drop off apt. I am going to make it very clear that they are not to do anything to him except an x ray until they talk to me first. Please say a prayer for Eustis and me to. Thanks everyone!

i hope it’s nothing but I do think it’s something because he sits in the same place in his cage all day except when he’s basking. Only once in the last month did I find him half way down his tree trunk But that isn’t something he does normally so I don’t know why he was down there!

Yes, Baytril should never be used in an animal that is dehydrated or has kidney issues. It can be used safely but maintaining hydration is important.

Yes, Baytril should never be used in an animal that is dehydrated or has kidney issues. It can be used safely but maintaining hydration is important.
Thank you. How do you make sure to hydrate them well if this is what is prescribed? Eustis has a fogger that goes on at 1 am til 5 am and the mister goes on at 7 pm and 7 am. would I also provide a dripper and is there anything else I can do or is there another antibiotic I should request if indeed he does have a uri?

Thank you. How do you make sure to hydrate them well if this is what is prescribed? Eustis has a fogger that goes on at 1 am til 5 am and the mister goes on at 7 pm and 7 am. would I also provide a dripper and is there anything else I can do or is there another antibiotic I should request if indeed he does have a uri?
Also the vet can give subQ fluids to give him a jump-start. Fingers crossed all is well!

Well Eustis and I just got home. You’ll be glad to know all is fine! The vet said that his body mass is good , his muscle tone is great, his breathing seems fine and he couldn’t hear any popping or wheezing. He thinks since the time change that reptiles can sense this and the barometric pressure goes down when we turn our heat on this time of year And it gets dark early. He thinks that Eustis is just reacting to all of this and that’s why he’s not moving around much. He said to keep a close eye and if he starts bubbling at the nose or open mouth breathing to immediately call him and he will give me antibiotics to give him. We talked about which ones and baytril was one and I shared my concern about that so he said there are others he can use. I can’t remember all the namesof them but anyway hopefully Eustis won’t have to have any! I am so happy that he’s ok!! Thanks for all your well wishes! Oh and @jannb if you want to add a good reptile vet to your list for coastal Maine area, it’s Yarmouth veterinary clinic, Dr Brian Quinn and Dr Peter Smith, 75 Willow st , Yarmouth, Maine

Well Eustis and I just got home. You’ll be glad to know all is fine! The vet said that his body mass is good , his muscle tone is great, his breathing seems fine and he couldn’t hear any popping or wheezing. He thinks since the time change that reptiles can sense this and the barometric pressure goes down when we turn our heat on this time of year And it gets dark early. He thinks that Eustis is just reacting to all of this and that’s why he’s not moving around much. He said to keep a close eye and if he starts bubbling at the nose or open mouth breathing to immediately call him and he will give me antibiotics to give him. We talked about which ones and baytril was one and I shared my concern about that so he said there are others he can use. I can’t remember all the namesof them but anyway hopefully Eustis won’t have to have any! I am so happy that he’s ok!! Thanks for all your well wishes! Oh and @jannb if you want to add a good reptile vet to your list for coastal Maine area, it’s Yarmouth veterinary clinic, Dr Brian Quinn and Dr Peter Smith, 75 Willow st , Yarmouth, Maine
I’m glad all is well with Eustis! Thank you for the vet referral.

Thank you @jannb . I also want to say that this vet that saw Eustis today was Brian Quinn and he was so respectful of me and my knowledge of my Jackson’s Cham! I actually think he was a little surprised at the knowledge I have About Jackson’s. It was awesome just talking to him! I have you all to thank for all the knowledge I have learned from you!

Good on you for being a good cham mom! What a big relief. And now you have a relationship with the vet and he has records on weight, etc. so if Eustis needs him again you are ahead of the curve.

Back
Top Bottom