Going dark, walking on ground, clawing at glass.

Today i noticed that there are tiny bugs in his cage growing on a plant! The bugs are only as big as specs but I am still worried about them annoying or infecting the chameleon. What should i do?

Again I walk into find him hanging upside down from the ceiling dangerously close to the UV build this time. I trimmed the plants and straightened the paper on the wall in order to prevent him from doing it again and I moved the bulbs back a tiny bit so if it happens again he won't fry. I makes me really wonder if something is wrong in the cage because he seams to be in a real hurry to climb to the top and out of it.

Anyone offer any suggestions as to why he keeps climbing on the ceiling toward to uv bulb?

He's done it 3 other times and just recently I was lucky enough to watch him... he stretched himself out really long and extended himself enough to reach the ceiling and started "barking" or biting the air as he climbed toward to bulb. I think he was being aggressive but I have no idea why.

Other then that, he looks good, he has been eating and drinking, etc.

When I first got my Veiled, he came in a glass Viv., and seemed stressed by the glass, (I know many don't feel that happens, but it did look like it), so I bought contact paper with a Crystalized pattern and put that on each side, outside, and he completly calmed down. (Saki is now in a large custom built screen enclosure) I am a relative newbie, but i have seen many posts about young chams climbing upside down. I know it hard not to stress about every little thing, but try to be calm. That nervous stuff will wear off, just keep reading and educating yourself, so you know you are doing things right. I rarely post, but come on everyday just to read, and I was a nervous wreck in the beginning. Enjoy the hobby!:)

I think he is cold ,check your temps, that uvb lamp should be 5 to 7 inches above where he sits ,it will not transmit through glass, make sure basking spot is warm 80 or better and he gets 12 hours light 12 hours dark to sleep at night 60's is OK , I would start working on the full screen enclosure now as I think anything more than 3 months in the glass is pushing it. Don't over water when he is in the glass enclosure let it dry out between mistings. If you have seen him eat and drink half the battle is won,don't stress puffin up a little is normal defensive mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom