Gnats!!!!!!!!!!

Jhov2324

I have a gnat problem in my cage....I just recently sprayed the cage with soapy water in hopes to get rid of this problem. There is alot of them....i see tiny green bugs sitting on leaves and some bugs under the leaves with wings.

I sprayed the cage vigoursly and then washed the soap water off..Should i have left the soapy water for a while longer. i want to rid these bugs before i get my cham in 17 days. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have live plants? Little green bugs on and under leaves are probably aphids. Don't think they are harmful to your chameleon but I would just change the plants out. Probably not what you want to do but aphids can be a pain to get rid of. Hope this helps

CRAP i just googled Amphids and yes i think those are them. So now i have that and GNATS!!!!!!!!!! will the soapy water get rid of them? I have 3 live plants in there i would hate to have to replace them... Umbrella tree, bromeliad, and pothos...

Soapy water should kill the aphids not sure about the gnats? But aphids are tough to kill, well kinda. There actually easy to kill but you have to kill all of them, if any are left they will quickly multiple. check down in the cracks and small crevices. They are very good at hiding. Hope this helps :)

there are gnats bussing around the soil in my dracaena plant. i just watched my guy head down there to and eat them, and some ingesting some dirt whilst doing so. i should repot the plant? waht sort of problems do gnats pose? what if i just put some large rocks on top of the soil so he doesnt get any dirt if he tries to eat the gnats?

yes, cover your soil with large rocks so he does not injest the soil. I would repot the plant first and get rid of the gnats and then cover the soil

Back
Top Bottom