Gnats in live plants need help

Escalade

These gnats are driving me crazy what do you guys do to get rid of them? I have the plants in organic soil which I am going to get rid of and repot in regular soil because I hear gnats like organic soil?

I tried the cinnamon trick and it didn't work. I hope when I repot they will be gone but just incase what are some other remedies?

some times we get gnats and these weird fruit fly things in our house and we place a small ammount of apple cider vinegar mixed 50-50 with dishsoap in a bowl of some sort. they fly in the vinegar because they like the smell or whever and the soap covers thier wings and they drown, hope it helps!

These gnats are driving me crazy what do you guys do to get rid of them? I have the plants in organic soil which I am going to get rid of and repot in regular soil because I hear gnats like organic soil?

I tried the cinnamon trick and it didn't work. I hope when I repot they will be gone but just incase what are some other remedies?
I usually get them in my cricket them in my enclosure whenever I free them fruit

there fungus gnats usually due ti wet soil there asre many easy ways to wipe them out just google fungas gnats and you will find many simple solutions

there fungus gnats usually due ti wet soil there asre many easy ways to wipe them out just google fungas gnats and you will find many simple solutions

Agree they are fungus gnats, the easiest way to eliminate them is hydrogen peroxide mixed with water and use it to water the plant. The real problem is they lay eggs in the soil and their larva eat the roots which will kill the plant if not treated. It's common to get them if using organic soil.

great that means I have babies on the way :( What percentages do you use for the mixture please. I don't want those eggs hatching......Thank you

great that means I have babies on the way :( What percentages do you use for the mixture please. I don't want those eggs hatching......Thank you

About 1/2oz per cup of water. Water with same dose until it starts to drain, then let plant sit for about 2 hours then flush it with plain water. You may need to repeat 1 x per week if gnats continue to show.

I'm going to give this a shot as well. I have a bunch of these gnats too. I stuck those fly paper tape that you hang and omg, its basically covered top to bottom. Gross

You can buy Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (sold as BT for mosquitoes). It is non toxic to the chameleons and only affects gnat larva and mosquitoes. Look it up online, it works well. Many garden nurseries sale it.

Back
Top Bottom