Give your * a chameleon, they will not have money for * and *

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Got hold on two new rainsysyems and a fogger that is for human use. 8 think I blew all my money today but things are coming along with the upgrades, now if I can find someway to stop my 3 set ups from leaking and a regular place to buy feeders that preferably would shop them, and better food items to gutlead then we are set. Anyone using spirulina and pollen as gutload who I can get some tips on how to do it better?

I use both and add them in when I'm doing the specialty ingredients part of the ratio. I roughly blend up my gutload, mix all the different parts together, mix it with agar-agar, then put it in an ice cube tray. I refrigerate it and use as needed. I prefer making small batches so the ingredients are fresher

What feeders do you use? I mainly use TC Insects and/or Rainbow Mealworms, along with Ghann's for crickets and @SauceGandhi for grasshoppers, but I also occasionally shop from like 5-6 other online stores, too

I use both and add them in when I'm doing the specialty ingredients part of the ratio. I roughly blend up my gutload, mix all the different parts together, mix it with agar-agar, then put it in an ice cube tray. I refrigerate it and use as needed. I prefer making small batches so the ingredients are fresher
I use to offer pollen either as the small pellets as they come or as blended powder but ony crickets seem to eat a little bit of it. Same with spirulina, I don't think dubias or crickets where eating it after a while. So what I did was to use pollen to powder some of the insects I feed like walking sticks and flies when I manage to hatch some flies. I mainly gutload with apple, carrot, and zucchini. But now I have found organic mango and I gonna give it a try.
Alfalfa sprouts was about the same they didn't want to eat it.

Oh thank you, but I live in Europe. There use to be a mail ordering company that bred different insects here in Sweden but the close down like 5 years ago. So now is harder to find regular suppliers.

I add spirulina and bee pollen to Repashy Bug Burger, which I give to my feeders along with fresh greens and veggies.
Have you thought about breeding your own feeders? Many are very easy to breed and not only does it save money, but you never have to worry about running out.

I add spirulina and bee pollen to Repashy Bug Burger, which I give to my feeders along with fresh greens and veggies.
Have you thought about breeding your own feeders? Many are very easy to breed and not only does it save money, but you never have to worry about running out.
I tried breeding crickets 2 times back in the day without any results. I have dubias but it is a slow going and need rotation. The animals get tire really quick. I have p nivea aswell and trying to breed walking sticks too. But it'll be a while until they start producing. The rest is just too hassle and don't have the space in my apartment for it. So it's more practical to buy some.

Are you able to get silkworms or their eggs? Those are awesome feeders and although it takes a bit of trouble to raise your own, is well worth it. Superworms aren’t too difficult to breed and take little space.

I tried breeding crickets 2 times back in the day without any results. I have dubias but it is a slow going and need rotation. The animals get tire really quick. I have p nivea aswell and trying to breed walking sticks too. But it'll be a while until they start producing. The rest is just too hassle and don't have the space in my apartment for it. So it's more practical to buy some.
Are red runner roaches available to you?
I defrost mine before hand and the agar-agar is like gelatin, so it doesn't turn into a mush and get moldy but like a jello so it has extra water to hydrate the feeders

Are you able to get silkworms or their eggs? Those are awesome feeders and although it takes a bit of trouble to raise your own, is well worth it. Superworms aren’t too difficult to breed and take little space.
I ordered silkworms a while ago from germany, a bit expensive for regular food and they didn´t really like it, only one of them eat it. Here in Sweden they really show up. I am thinking about give breeding crickets a third try if I can find some privat person that has them or if I order from germany.
Horn worms are really hard to find I think I have only seen 2 people breed them in all the countries in europe, one in Denmark and the other one I don´t remember.
Btw when housing silkworms, should one put branches or something for them to climb? I had them in a plastic container and it got messy really quick. I feel like the like to climb and should have vertical space to spread out.

Back
Top Bottom