Giant Day Gecko Help

chameleoman

Avid Member
Sorry guys didn't know where else to post this but my giant day gecko had had black lips for a while. Only the tip and looks a little raw and looks like skin is missing i couldn't get any better pics. I thought this was snout rub, But does anyone have any advice or can anyone diagnose this guy please!!!
I've had him for about 2 years and this only recently happened maybe about a week ago it really caught my attention. Or could this be a cricket bite?

Thanks Everyone

Attachments

• WP_20131004_001.jpg
    WP_20131004_001.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 198
  • WP_20131004_002.jpg
    WP_20131004_002.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 231
  • WP_20131004_003.jpg
    WP_20131004_003.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 236
Never had the giants, but my normal ones would get those when cleaning the tank and acting like nut cases and hitting the tank. Odds are its a bruised nose from missing a cricket, or doing the head back and forth thing when they catch the cricket. The skin should go back to green by the next shed.

Looks like snout damage from rubbing or banging into glass or screen to me.
Kind of severe swelling.
Watch for infection. Try covering the sides of your tank with something solid - even green paper or something is better than clear if he's got this habit. Also add plants if you have none. Mine liked snake plants when I was breeding them.
Double check your other conditions too- like temperature and humidity. If he finds what he wants in the enclosure he will be less likely to try to move out of it and damage his nose.

Reactions: Syn
Back
Top Bottom