Getting to know Pico

spottea

I've had Pico for almost 3 weeks now, and feel I'm getting to know her better. For instance, I know when she's spotted something good to eat because she gets all thin and pointy. I have a good view of her from my couch, with a pair of binoculars, and for some reason think it's fascinating to watch her eat!
She bobbed her head several times at me recently when I was trying to get a good photo of her. Don't know why the camera bothers her so much, as I've never used a flash. Maybe it looks like a hungry bird or something!
Yesterday, she climbed to to the top of the grapevine and turned a little on her side, towards the sun, went a little pink and lifted her front leg. So cute!
She goes to bed at 7p.m. Climbs up to a secret vine stalk and is asleep.
Now that I've given her bluebottles, crickets are no longer of any interest, but I did spot her getting a dubia out of a crack in the grapevine. Clever girl! It took her a while to eat it,,as it was quite large, but she managed somehow.
Will post pics next time I'm at home. Miss her when I'm working as she's always asleep when I get home.

I have a good view of her from my couch, with a pair of binoculars, and for some reason think it's fascinating to watch her eat!

I am exactly the same way. I watch my chameleon eat every morning and it is always as fascinating to watch as it was the day before if not more fascinating. I am pretty sure a lot of other members are the same as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom