Getting new Cham!!!

emloveschami

Hey!! So recently a little while ago my baby Veiled chameleon died. I didn't think I would be so ready to get another one I have done tons and tons and tons of reasearch. And my parents agreed!! I'm hopeing to get a teen male Veiled chameleon. Just because in my opinion males are easier. Any tips for my Cham?

A teen veiled would be rare since they often don't go much further than 8 years old...
I think you meant juvenile?

Best tip I can give is study the care-sheet on the resources section, in fact study the whole resources section since it will tell you how to gutload feeders, what to gutload with, what plants are safe to use (especially important with Veilds) etc.

Don't neglect supplementation and UVB, make sure you swap out the UVB lamp every year or so.

When it comes to feeding, make sure you gutload, if you don't know what that is, look up "gutloading feeder insects" with google.

Also, use as many different feeder insects as you can, and do a little research before you try each one, sometimes chameleons are picky so don't be surprised if he doesn't like some.

Only use mealworms or superworms as a treat, they can cause impaction if you feed them in large quantities which can kill your chameleon.

A wonderful resource to look into is the Chameleon Breeder Podcast, at chameleonbreeder.com. I listen to it in the car, I just downloaded a podcast app on my phone and then downloaded all the episodes and they ares saved to my phone!

Good luck!

Make sure you have all the correct supplies such as gutloads for feeders, calcium without D3 and with D3 and a multi-vitamin, proper light, and a mist system or be able to hand mist as much as the cham needs.

My biggest mistake with my first baby Veiled (Orange Juice was her name) was using substrate. I got her from petsmart after doing some reading of careguides on their website (hugeeeee mistake), and was recommended you use coconut fiber. She eventually became impacted and died. The forums care guides are the best I've ever seen, so definitely ignore any other internet searched care guides. Don't be afraid to ask us any questions, and make sure you buy from a good breeder :)

Back
Top Bottom