I've always battled with getting him to drink but i have found that after he's been asleep for a bit i start spraying for a minute or so and he automatically starts opening his mouth for water!!! this might help someone else.....
My cham never drinks in front of me. But I know that he does. That's a really good idea though.I've always battled with getting him to drink but i have found that after he's been asleep for a bit i start spraying for a minute or so and he automatically starts opening his mouth for water!!! this might help someone else.....
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
Same here! I have seen it do it ONE TIME! I was walking into my room and I saw him staring at the dripper. I crouched down, and saw him shoot at it and then walk closer to get some more water.My cham never drinks in front of me. But I know that he does. That's a really good idea though.