Getting my cham today!

jenfur427

Established Member
Today I'm finally getting my cham! I got a ambilobe male from Jenna at Prism Chameleons, and we named him Cainen. Now I'm just waiting for the UPS truck to pull up at my house. I swear, the clock is moving so slow!

Exciting, isn't it? Whenever I get chameleons shipped to me they freaking always arrive a day late because no one can ever find my address. Blue bar or Red bar? Good look with your new addition...:D

He's a red bar. He got here at 9:30. He was shipped in a cloth bag since he's a sub-adult. He had a good grip on the bag, and had his face covered in it. So I had to cut a slit in the bag on the other side, and when I lifted it up, and he saw me, he let go of the bag and crawled right up my hand. I put him in his cage, misted him, and fed him a few superworms (my crickets and WER gutload should be arriving tomorrow), and he was eating them so fast, I could barely get them out of the cup, LOL. He then cralwed up the branches under the UVB light, and is now just hanging out. The cage is in my bedroom, and I'm dying to go stare at him, but I want him to get a chance to settle in first. I'll post pics soon.

Thank you again Jenna!

Snapped a couple of pics, he looks kinda funky because he's finishing shedding. I even got a couple of pics of him in action, eating superworms.

cainenhome.jpg

caineneat2.jpg

caineneat.jpg

Congrats! Cainen looks very nice :D
Today I'm finally getting my cham! I got a ambilobe male from Jenna at Prism Chameleons, and we named him Cainen. Now I'm just waiting for the UPS truck to pull up at my house. I swear, the clock is moving so slow!
I know that feeling... Everything is ready to go and your just waiting for delivery and hoping everything works out. Great to hear your new cham is doing well. Nice pics too!:cool:

hes big! he looks pretty relaxed too, when I got mine at first he would hide away, but then again he was still very small.

You are quite welcome Jennifer! I do have to say that Cainen is one of the most sweet and gentle panthers I have ever had. You got a sweetie pie =). Wait until he shows his fired yellows from his belly... you are in for a treat.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help. Congratulations on entering the panther chameleon world!

I did see a hint of yellow in his tummy today, and a lot in his tail. He wasn't sure what to think when I put him in my windowsill today, but after a minute calmed back down. I get a few pics of him like that. Today when I was spraying his cage down, he crawled down to the bottle and opened his mouth, and I sprayed near him and he crawled closer, and let me spray a stream in his mouth. I guess he liked it cause everytime I pulled it away he would walk closer, look at me, and open his mouth again. (I barely squeezed the trigger, didn't want to drown him, LOL). I'll keep you updated Jenna, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom