Getting Lumpy

HOLY CRAP!
Can you post a picture compared to a penny or something?
Thank the Lord they arent fertile or you would be in a world of hurtin in 6 months.

Hee hee ... we are pulling your legs.

She laid 27 very beautiful, very large white eggs.

I think some may be fertile.

-Brad

Grats Brad, been a while since I´ve been here. But it was fun to see your success! Hope everything goes as well in six month :D.

Man, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the "102"!!!

27 is a bit more like it... jeeze, you had me though!

As previously stated, we'll know in the coming weeks if any are fertile.

Congrats either way and I'm so glad Agnes is eating and drinking and she made it through ok.

If you're going to keep the eggs partially exposed on the surface like that make sure you put that container somewhere dark...

Good stuff :)

Here's an odd development:

The enclosure is back to normal ... bucket out etc..
This morning after eating a few more dusted crickets,
She went down to a flower pot and started digging again.
I have felt her very well ... there is nothing in there.
She stopped digging again for now, but???
Anyone experienced this before?

-Brad

Brad,

Occaisonally they will retain a few. I would put her egg laying container back in there immediately! You can't always feel them by palpating her...

Watch her very closely and If she goes off feed and starts to look like she's in pain or uncomfortable I would rush her to the vet immediately. Most of the egg binding cases I have seen first-hand were the result of one or more retained eggs that didn't make it out during the first laying. The egg laying spot was removed and so the females didn't have anywhere to deposite and they died egg-bound shortly after. The instances where they were taken to a vet right away went smoothly and they eggs were passed. Have you ever seen a chameleon on an IV tube? lol...

My friend lost a female veiled in 2005 due to a similar situation... she deposited and of course he removed her egg laying spot and less than 48 hrs later she was dead. I went over there and opened her up and sure enough, there were more eggs in her...

Anyhow, get that egg laying spot in there pronto and monitor her very closely.

Good luck, I'll be pulling for you.

Last edited:
The fact that she is eating and drinking is a good sign...

If she were already eggbound she would not eat. so no need to panic just yet.

Just a thought, we have only had 3 clutches laid thus far, but all have been even numbered. It was my understanding, from the way the eggs are initially formed, that the resulting number of eggs would be divisible by 2. Does someone better informed know whether that is the standard? Sorry- I haven't bothered to do a search through the forum to see how often people report odd numbered clutches.

Last edited:
Just a thought, we have only had 3 clutches laid thus far, but all have been even numbered. It was my understanding, from the way the eggs are initially formed, that the resulting number of eggs would be divisible by 2. Does someone better informed know whether that is the standard? Sorry- I haven't bothered to do a search through the forum to see how often people report odd numbered clutches.

Interesting thought... I've never heard that before. WHen i get home I will check my records.

Good thought, but my last clutch was 57 eggs. I know this is all she had, she passed 25 days into gestation, so the eggs had to be excavated. We removed 100% of the eggs, and it was an odd number... mind you, she never really developed her egg walls, so it's a good chance she was just 'special'. I would be curious to see the stats on the odd/even numbered eggs....

Congrats Brad... it'll be exciting to see if they're fertile!

update:

She didn't spend all that long down there digging.
She has been back up top since.
She is very green, she is eating (just now zapped a superworm) and drinking.
residual packing?
I think she's okay. I felt her again and she is for sure empty!

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom