Genius Idea or no???🤔

Kamikaze Chameleon

Avid Member
Okay so i had this thought the other day....what do you guys think of gut loading feeders with baby food!?

I know its kind of expensive but totally worth the nutritional value and I figured it would be easier for them to eat and it will keep them hydrated too? No? I usually am slicing with a peeler or will use like a chopper or blender to break it down but doesnt this take out all the leg work? Thoughts? GO

IDK if it's still the case, but many baby foods used to contain added sugar. I'm sure alternatives are available, but do read labels.

I tried baby foods with my beardie because he hates greens & veggies, but he won't have anything to do with them either. I'm sure insect feeders are less discriminating.

yeah this would be a hard pass... They put all sorts of stuff in baby food... Sugar preservatives... Etc.

Nah some aren't bad. We bought tons of those organic pouches and it's almost just what we'd put in bugfood blends. Some fruit, veggies, some had spirulina and other more exotic ingredients lol. The kids would never finish them so the leftovers I'd feed to the bugs.

For the health of human children, it’s totally safe. For my chameleons, NOT ON YOUR LIFE! 😂

I totally agree. I just think it’s funny that I’d give it to my kids, but not my cockroaches

See that's where I'm like, if my kids can eat it, then my animals can. (As long as it's a normal thing... my kids have pizza sometimes, but I wouldn't give it to my roaches lol.)

Nah some aren't bad. We bought tons of those organic pouches and it's almost just what we'd put in bugfood blends. Some fruit, veggies, some had spirulina and other more exotic ingredients lol. The kids would never finish them so the leftovers I'd feed to the bugs.
Right and the organic all healthy baby foods are expensive as hell. Seems a waste. But regular baby food has a lot of sugar in it. I was quite surprised by the extras they add when Alora was a baby.

Okay so i had this thought the other day....what do you guys think of gut loading feeders with baby food!?

I know its kind of expensive but totally worth the nutritional value and I figured it would be easier for them to eat and it will keep them hydrated too? No? I usually am slicing with a peeler or will use like a chopper or blender to break it down but doesnt this take out all the leg work? Thoughts? GO
i mean why not, it does not seem like it would hurt the chameleon, after all most baby food is mashed fruit and stuff

Right and the organic all healthy baby foods are expensive as hell. Seems a waste. But regular baby food has a lot of sugar in it. I was quite surprised by the extras they add when Alora was a baby.

Yup great point, I was thinking of it in situations where people have kids and buy some as snacks. Then the rest can go to the feeders. For the regular sugary stuff, it could be fed to colonies fine, but I'd agree not as a gutload. Prob not great for kids to have all that sugar either lol.

If you have money to burn I can just PM you my address and you can send it to me.;)
Seriously this might not be a bad idea to keep on hand for an emergency backup. I'd stick to the straight veggies to avoid sugar. I use the pureed carrots to sneak meds into my horse just cause it's easy to store and I may not have fresh ones handy at the stable.
My budget is going to keep me making batches of gut load and freezing them.

Yup great point, I was thinking of it in situations where people have kids and buy some as snacks. Then the rest can go to the feeders. For the regular sugary stuff, it could be fed to colonies fine, but I'd agree not as a gutload. Prob not great for kids to have all that sugar either lol.
Might make those dubia move around a bit more when they get the sugar high😨

Back
Top Bottom