General Quad care and availability...

DeviousMike

I've totally fallen in love with quads. As a Triceros, I'm assuming its a montane species? Is care similar to that of a Jackson's? And how is the availability in the US? I've looked around for breeders but have yet to find any.

I've totally fallen in love with quads. As a Triceros, I'm assuming its a montane species? Is care similar to that of a Jackson's? And how is the availability in the US? I've looked around for breeders but have yet to find any.

Care is similar to a jackson. I just got a pair this Saturday (15th). First shipment in a while to come in. Besides me, there are others working with the species to get some CB speciemens on the market. I've followed how I cared for my Jackson's, but I have my Quads outside for most of the day, as where I am is experiencing highs of 68, and lows of 53. Perfect temps for them.

One thing I am making sure is they get enough water. When I first brought them home, I gave them a 30 minute shower, to make sure they get cleaned, and so they can drink. By shower, I mean putting them either in the shower, with the mist attachment on, or I use a big hand sprayer that stays on and I sit outside and watch them to make sure they don't escape.

I would have had some captive hatched babies for sale at the Pomona show a week ago, but day job got in the way.

Last edited:
Thanks for compliments harry!

Please excuse our site though, it's in transition and I haven't ironed everything out just yet. But you can check out a few galleries and feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions. :)

Cheers!

Luis

Thanks for compliments harry!

Please excuse our site though, it's in transition and I haven't ironed everything out just yet. But you can check out a few galleries and feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions. :)

Cheers!

Luis

Thanks a lot! I will be perusing your site thoroughly if I decide to actually pursue my interest in a quad :D

Back
Top Bottom