Gendering Sexing! ASAP!

ChamDE86

Avid Member
Local breeder says he is on his last male ambilobe. Not sure, but this one looks female to me. I wanted to make sure before I picked him (hopefully) up. Thanks!

20141205_064333.jpg

014120595064433.jpg

2014120595064441.jpg

Last edited:
Looks female to me as well. Can you get a pic from the side with the tail straight out?

Gender Sexing, Please!

Some more close up pictures with the tail straight out. I think I see a tiny bump, but :confused:

DSCN2334.jpg

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2332.jpg

looks like a male to me. there is no bulge, but there is no indent either, so the "area" is still developing.

Yea not an easy one by any means. I would say male based off the second picture in the second set. You will need to keep him for some time and let him develop to be 100% sure though.

Thanks, NHenn! I've only had him for a couple of days, but definitely see a bulge. He's almost 4 months old, but no sign of coloring with the exception of very tiny dots of red.

This is definitely one of the trickier ones.

He is super duper tiny for a 4.5-5 month old. He's more along the size of a 2-2.5 month old. Could be part of the reason he is harder to sex since his growth is a bit stunted.

Some pics I say 100% female, but some others I see where it could possibly be male.

The newer pic in the other thread I see a pretty noticeable indent making me think female.

I'm thinking male. Like Nick said earlier, the second picture where the tail straight out shows a bump.

Sometimes some develop slower than others, I think that is the case here.

Even in the newer picture, the base of the tail is fairly thick, and looks to have a bulge.

Chase

Thanks for the input guys. My guy is not a voracious eater like some young chams I've read about on this forum. No one has been able to give me a 100% sexing thus far, so I'll just have to wait a little while longer until he/she starts to develop. Here's a slightly better picture of the tail at a better angle.

IMG_20150102_152813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom