Gecko and chameleon

Thmenmen

I’m building a 30x24x58 cage and was wondering if i could also put a gargoyle gecko in with a veiled chameleon or would it be too stressed out or some

It is not always a good idea to put something in the same enclosure with a cham, as chams are very territorial. It depends on your chameleon, but usually they are willing to attack anything that comes into their personal space, including big ol' scary humans.
It is a risk that you will put your gecko into since chams can be pretty mean. I don't know too much about geckos and I am not sure how a gecko would handle a chameleon, but I do know that chameleons are very territorial. Either sex would not enjoy that situation, but male chams tend to be even more territorial than the females.

In addition, a gecko and a chameleon probably don't have the exact same environmental/spacial/humidity needs, even though I think they are similar. That probably isn't the main concern, though. Just what I mentioned above.

If you're going to have a chameleon what you are going to want to put it in a separate area than any other animals. Since chameleons are very territorial they won't like much traffic around their living habitat. If I were you I would make a separate habitat for the gecko and chameleon. I hope this helps you.

If you're going to have a chameleon what you are going to want to put it in a separate area than any other animals. Since chameleons are very territorial they won't like much traffic around their living habitat. If I were you I would make a separate habitat for the gecko and chameleon. I hope this helps you.
Thank you :)

I would assume the gecko would become a veiled chameleon menu item at some point. The chameleon would look at it as a meal that is maybe too big to eat at the moment. You put in a large bearded dragon or a medium iguana. The chameleon would be stressed quite a bit.

Very educational for somebody unsure of putting anything with a cham!! Espacially veiled lol.. sad for the gecko though:( there is no disputing that short video for anybody having second thoughts

Back
Top Bottom