Gay chameleon love

There is probably a risk to one or both because at some point they might start fighting and cause a bite injury or a fall. Even females only want limited time with the males when they are receptive. Although I'm sure there is the odd chameleon that can live communally, don't forget that most chameleon species are solitary. They might be fine housed together, but because the two species aren't normally in contact with each other, their behavior could be unpredictable.

Does anyone know if it will hurt them, if they actually do mate?

There is probably a risk to one or both because at some point they might start fighting and cause a bite injury or a fall. Even females only want limited time with the males when they are receptive. Although I'm sure there is the odd chameleon that can live communally, don't forget that most chameleon species are solitary. They might be fine housed together, but because the two species aren't normally in contact with each other, their behavior could be unpredictable.

thaks you sir, you put it better than I would have done

National Geographic produced some documentries about homosexuality in animals, however, no US network (cable included) would touch it out of fear of conservative right wing backlash.
You can still see them on YouTube though.

well yes, there is nothing wrong with been gay, it the person life, but you know to put 2 chams of the same sex to see if the hump eachpther that seems to me kinda **** up

thats what I said, it have been seem homosexuality in wales, monkeys and other animals

Where? Maybe it's my browser or something, but I'm not seeing it, I just see the post I quoted.

I wonder how much of all this has to do with how long they have been in contact. It seems like if they were siblings or had been together since birth for whatever reason they would be cooler with each other, but I really don't know. I know with Uromastix if you introduce one into anothers cage they get territorial, but if you put them in a cage that is new to them both at the same time then they will get along. I wonder if there is something like that at play here

"in the other hand there is homosexuality in no humans animals"

meaning animals beside humans, or maybe I wrote that wrong

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Back
Top Bottom