Gary the Helmeted Chameleon

Andrew1283

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just want to introduce Gary, a CB helmeted chameleon. He’s in a Reptibreeze XL with pothos and lots of climbing branches. I may never see this little guy aside from basking! Very calm temperament and already ate and drank in his new enclosure. Just look at that baby dinosaur face :)

Attachments

• 4F43037D-8DEE-44AA-B9B1-45FEC97DBAEE.jpeg
    4F43037D-8DEE-44AA-B9B1-45FEC97DBAEE.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 50
I just want to introduce Gary, a CB helmeted chameleon. He’s in a Reptibreeze XL with pothos and lots of climbing branches. I may never see this little guy aside from basking! Very calm temperament and already ate and drank in his new enclosure. Just look at that baby dinosaur face :)
Is this a male? I thought female. I have such a hard time telling when they are babies. Only reason I ask, is mine had babies and I kept 2. I thought 1 male and one female... but maybe the female is male also. Looks a lot like yours.

I was told by the breeder he was male. I didn’t find much literature for sexing male vs female helmeted chams so maybe he is a female. Very interesting.

He is a male :) Hemipenal bulge is very obvious in this one. Males tend to develop slightly taller casques as well. Overall they're more tricky to sex than something like a panther though

I don’t know very much about hoehnelii. Are they similar to keeping Jackson’s or Panthers?
I am not sure where you are located, but If you want a hoehnelii, One of my females. just had 9 babies, and the other female is still gravid, but close. I am located in california. Their care is basically just like the jacksons. You will fall in love. They are so sweet. The link SteveH posted for chameleon academy is an excellent site. If you hop on to one of his live podcasts, Bill will even answer questions.

Back
Top Bottom