Garrett’s orange eyes

shawn_melanson

Established Member
hey everyone I’ve noticed a lot of people posting that they recieved a parsons from Garrett’s most recent clutch. I wanted to start this forum where everyone can post there pics, weights and such as they grow. Also anyone with older clutches I encourage to post as well!

Mine is stich he’s 47 grams

Attachments

• 1622FFE1-A945-438E-B858-B59E634C8F3A.jpeg
    1622FFE1-A945-438E-B858-B59E634C8F3A.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 652
  • D883AD2A-52F5-42B0-9CB7-2993DCF8E03E.jpeg
    D883AD2A-52F5-42B0-9CB7-2993DCF8E03E.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 632
  • 1A15692F-9631-4E32-A51E-BCD0651BFFD5.jpeg
    1A15692F-9631-4E32-A51E-BCD0651BFFD5.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 664
hey everyone I’ve noticed a lot of people posting that they recieved a parsons from Garrett’s most recent clutch. I wanted to start this forum where everyone can post there pics, weights and such as they grow. Also anyone with older clutches I encourage to post as well!

Mine is stich he’s 47 grams

How old is this one?

Are you sure that you are correct on the weight? My boy Cooper weighed 156 grams at one year old. He was 8 grams when I got his at 2 months old.

Unless my scale was wrong then I’m sure. I was told he was one of the smaller males

There certainly can be a wide range of growth in one clutch. My YL clutch hatched at the same time as Garrett”s clutch. Some of mine from are close to or over 200g at 13-14 months and some are smaller. I know some of Garrett’s from his clutch are similar in size and are close the 200g.

There certainly can be a wide range of growth in one clutch. My YL clutch hatched at the same time as Garrett”s clutch. Some of mine from are close to or over 200g at 13-14 months and some are smaller. I know some of Garrett’s from his clutch are similar in size and are close the 200g.

I will be sure to double check then

@jannb From my understanding, Garrett keeps them in his Seattle greenhouse year-round and they undergo brumation and don’t grow very much during fall and winter. He said growth will take off this summer, and they should be putting on some serious weight over the next few months! When I received my guy he was 55 grams, and gained 25 grams in a month (weighed 80 grams two weeks ago)

@shawn_melanson Your little OE is beautiful! The depth of the blues on him are very striking for a Parson's. I have a male named Boris that I got from Garrett 1.5 months ago. My guy just may be a couple weeks older than Stich. Below is the growth I have logged on him thus far:

[img]

April 15th, 10.5 months old (before I received him). Garrett estimated his weight was between 35-40 grams.

dLNJGv9.jpg

May 10th, 11.5 months old, 55 grams.

VCbWSQE.jpg

June 8th, 12.5 months old, 80 grams and sassy as ever.

tFHRwhS.jpg

Taken 2 weeks ago in full-on pancake mode.

I'm no expert, only had parsonii for a few months, but I think how you keep them makes a huge difference. My YL boy(14 months) kept outside in the summer gains weight extremely fast. As soon as I keep him inside he seems to stall on appetite and growth. Also, winter brumation makes a difference. I'm pretty sure garret brumates his? So that would obviously slow them down at first. When I got mine he brumated(I think, first time so I wasn't positive) because the temps were naturally down to 50s ar night and 60s max during the day. He stayed at like 80g/10 months for awhile. As soon as it warmed up and i got him outside he became one of my best eaters. Guessing he's in the 130's now, but have to check. weighed him at 123 a couple weeks ago.

I can't stress enough that I'm new to Parsons, but it seems like these guys take their time with growth and don't really stop until years down the road(if ever?). I'd bet there are parsonii that started off tiny compared to others, only to become mammoths later on.

@jannb From my understanding, Garrett keeps them in his Seattle greenhouse year-round and they undergo brumation and don’t grow very much during fall and winter. He said growth will take off this summer, and they should be putting on some serious weight over the next few months! When I received my guy he was 55 grams, and gained 25 grams in a month (weighed 80 grams two weeks ago)

@shawn_melanson Your little OE is beautiful! The depth of the blues on him are very striking for a Parson's. I have a male named Boris that I got from Garrett 1.5 months ago. My guy just may be a couple weeks older than Stich. Below is the growth I have logged on him thus far:

April 15th, 10.5 months old (before I received him). Garrett estimated his weight was between 35-40 grams.

May 10th, 11.5 months old, 55 grams.

June 8th, 12.5 months old, 80 grams and sassy as ever.

Taken 2 weeks ago in full-on pancake mode.

He does look much bigger then my boy. Garrett did tell me that his appetite wasn’t as big as some of his clutch mates but he said he was showing lots more color then most of his brothers and sister

I'm no expert, only had parsonii for a few months, but I think how you keep them makes a huge difference. My YL boy(14 months) kept outside in the summer gains weight extremely fast. As soon as I keep him inside he seems to stall on appetite and growth. Also, winter brumation makes a difference. I'm pretty sure garret brumates his? So that would obviously slow them down at first. When I got mine he brumated(I think, first time so I wasn't positive) because the temps were naturally down to 50s ar night and 60s max during the day. He stayed at like 80g/10 months for awhile. As soon as it warmed up and i got him outside he became one of my best eaters. Guessing he's in the 130's now, but have to check. weighed him at 123 a couple weeks ago.

I can't stress enough that I'm new to Parsons, but it seems like these guys take their time with growth and don't really stop until years down the road(if ever?). I'd bet there are parsonii that started off tiny compared to others, only to become mammoths later on.

I think your right about that. I’ll be sure to keep posting updates on this forum along the way :)

@shawn_melanson I agree with @jamest0o0 in that the sooner you can get him out into the warm weather and sunshine, the sooner his appetite and subsequently growth may increase. After having a menagerie of chameleon species over the years, I think natural sunlight is one of the best things you can do for them!

I'm in western PA. We also experience 4 seasons a week haha. Was 95 here 2 days ago. Humidity through the roof. Then drops down to 60 outta nowhere.

Here's my new guy Thor from @Garrett. I didn't get a chance to weigh him when he first arrived in April (couldn't find my scale) but I just did today and he's at 66.5g and about 5" from nose to vent. Pretty sure Garrett said they hatched last April-May so our guys should be around 13-14 months old now. FWIW @SmithSe is right about them being raised in an outdoor greenhouse. Garrett mentioned they were a little on the small side because of that but should start growing like a weed with the steady, warmer temperatures indoors.

First two pics are Thor when he first arrived and the others are from today.
20180419_124415.jpg
20180419_124435.jpg
20180620_173112.jpg
20180620_173216.jpg
20180620_173606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom