Gargoyle Geckos

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Does anyone keep these? What are they like? What are their needs? Can you post pics of the gecko and it's viv please? Thinking about getting a Garg myself and want some more info on them first!

They are wicked cool looking. I tried to snag a couple last winter but they sold before I could get back to them. The ones I looked at seemed very mellow. Couldn't give you info on their husbandry though -- maybe SYN has something on this.

Basically the same as cresteds, but they don't climb on glass and things as well.

If you have any specific questions please ask!

In my opinion, they are a lot cooler looking then cresteds, but basically the same care is required for them.
Plus they have some really nice morphs out there! I plan on breeding mine soon.

In my opinion, they are a lot cooler looking then cresteds, but basically the same care is required for them.
Plus they have some really nice morphs out there! I plan on breeding mine soon.
Not like you're biased or anything. :D:D

Thanks for the comments! I really like both Gargs and Cresties! Which ones are easier to handle and do you ever see them in the day? I like the sound of these as they don't need the heat and lighting that chams do.

Cresteds seem to have their own unique personalities. Gargoyles tend to be more flighty.
I see mine asleep in the day (both species), they may like heating if it's too cold.

Not like you're biased or anything. :D:D

haha... what are you talking about.... ;)

Thanks for the comments! I really like both Gargs and Cresties! Which ones are easier to handle and do you ever see them in the day? I like the sound of these as they don't need the heat and lighting that chams do.

Well gargs do tend to be more jumpy but thats not really saying much since they calm down pretty fast.
One annoying thing that mine do it defecate every time I take them out! Even if it is mainly water, still is annoying
Apparently, most gargys do that...

I have both...i find if you get a young garg or a young creastie..they both are the same personality wise...as long as you take the time to hand tame them properly... I do see my gargs all day long and the creasted tend to hide all day

Back
Top Bottom