Garage turned as new home for veiled cham

that's interesting. you mean bee hive for black soldier flies? not actual bees right?

when you say have a window open, you don't mean to the outside world? i am worried with contamination from outside in the flies.. eg: there are rice paddies around and there is fertiliser, pesticides spread in the fields, so maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to gut load the flies with outside insects/flowers... but i might be wrong

So no bee hive for Bees, they are great feeders. The Black Soldier flies you can just hatch out and let go. The window Idea would be dependent on area. If a she are a screen so you guy can't get out, but bugs get in. If you are in a heavy Ag area and have concerns with pesticides I would not do it. But bas that allowing natural insects in would be a benefit.

So no bee hive for Bees, they are great feeders. The Black Soldier flies you can just hatch out and let go. The window Idea would be dependent on area. If a she are a screen so you guy can't get out, but bugs get in. If you are in a heavy Ag area and have concerns with pesticides I would not do it. But bas that allowing natural insects in would be a benefit.
sound exciting. will look at beehives, and black soldier flies, they seem to be perfect as they climb up a ramp when they are ready to be eaten, so could redirect the ramp into the herp room/s. also the flies seem to be able to tolerate high humidity, unlike locusts... which would be a great +

@Ambilobe123 ... @aramis32 said..."would create two corridors of 7mx1.25mx3m. I would then further divide each corridor into 7 enclosure to have in total 14 chams in the garage"... 2 corridors with 7 chameleons in each would be 14 chameleons in 14 cages if I'm understanding this right.

Back
Top Bottom