Future plans

Uri

Avid Member
So far I only have a Jackson’s Cham, and my only other experience was a female veiled that lived a good life for the most part(at the time I wasn’t a part of the community so I was going off of my library books) but I am thinking after I get a solid grasp of chameleons and feel confident enough I want to try my hand at pygmys I’ve always loved how cute they are especially in their size but other than knowing they are mostly ground dwellers I don’t know much about them. Keep in mind I don’t plan on going for one until years down the road but still I’d like to know the basic care for them in terms of cage size, cage needs, lighting, watering, feeder types, temps, humidity, lifespan, equipment needed all the good stuff

I was thinking on Rieppeleon brevicaudatus the bearded Pygmy and yes I had to look up the spelling😅 i will of course do my thorough research if I do ever decide I want to commit to one but for now I just want he basics on if I could actually provide for the little guys. I hear some can even be cohabitated but I’m sceptical on this considering how for most species this is a HUGE no

I used to keep one male and two females together and it worked fine.

One thing I want to mention before I forget...they play dead so well that I've seen people set them aside to dispose of later only to go back and find them gone!

That’s very helpful to know if I have this happen I will set aside in a plastic container with sticks for later to be in the safer side I’m guessing that’s a more extreme response to fear tho like when they drop from trees the other species I’ve had my Jackson’s drop when I accidentally spooked him at night when I was trying to catch runaway crickets luckily he fell onto a pile of leaves about an inch underneath him

Back
Top Bottom