Furniture cage remodel advice

Pantherpaws

Hello I'm looking to pick one of these to remodel as a cage for my Panther. I want to make sure I pick the right one.
I'd like to know which if all or any would work. Thank you in advance.

77x33x12
image.jpg
70 1/2"tall, 29 1/2" wide, 18" depth
image.jpg

fits a 40" tv
image.jpg
this one is three different pieces and I was going to make the big one for my male and a I'm unsure of exact size but it's looks huge.
image.jpg

Get the very last one. The pic of the huge entertainment center. If you could combine all of that into one huge cage by knocking out some walls and such, then you would have so much horizontal AND vertical room that your chameleon will probably throw a party in there it will be so happy. The flip-out doors on the bottom would be great to throw a drainage system of some sort under there, hidden from view. The cage itself within the cabinet is already off the ground a bit, so that is good too.

You could really make any of these work... In my opinion though, the first one, being angled towards the back like a triangle, minimizes room in the cage. Sure that one is 33" wide but coming to a triangle-point near the back means that near the back, it's no longer 33" wide and instead is much slimmer. The second pic, with the two shelves and three drawers, looks a little small... But that's just because I can't guess size and it doesn't say. Lots you could do with that one though. The third pic, of the TV stand for a 40" ... That lacks vertical height. You want lots of vertical room, as chameleons like you climb.

That last one though... That 3 piece..... You could do SOOOOOOOOOO much with that if you had some time to put into it. You could create a masterpiece.

The one that's doesn't say size is 70 and 1/2 x29 1/2 by 18 deep. I'm going to go look at that one since its $25 compared to the $200 last one. I'm looking to see if I can maybe build off it and even remove a drawer to gain height and space as well as maybe build off out and out? We will see. I'll keep progress going:D I'm excited

The one that's doesn't say size is 70 and 1/2 x29 1/2 by 18 deep. I'm going to go look at that one since its $25 compared to the $200 last one.

That one would have been my second pick. (y) Lots of ways you could go with it as far as design concepts. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Yeah I went with the smaller one its really just the perfect size for my current situation. I'm planning on moving into a fifth wheel so as much as I could've and wanted the last big one i don't want to crowd myself now lol but I do just want to make sure I wasn't going too small or anything and thank you so much on the advice for the corner one I almost got that one I wanted it a lot but I realize it's not quite right. :p Here's the comparison next to his current cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 149
Heck ya that looks like a giant upgrade!

Here is what I'd do with it:
Suggestion.jpg

You can go alot of routes too. You could make it all screen, or solid walls. I'd make the back wall and the right side wall a solid wall of some sort to keep humidity in and prevent misting overspray. Make the left side a screen and the top a screen for airflow (or the right side could be your screen if your left side was your solid wall.) Make the front a clear see through glass or acrylic so you have really great view of your chameleon while also holding in humidity - Or you could make it screen to provide additional airflow.

Make sure to waterproof the whole thing since it is made of wood. :)

I really want to use the foam in the back to make a big tree/fake rock wall those always look beautiful. As for glass/acrylic siding both of my chameleons get stressed with their reflection so screen it is! I also have thompsons water sealant for the wood. I plan on remodeling it outside for it to air dry. I'm just waiting on the weather :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom