Furcifer willsii pairing up

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Geesh....just come down on an old person...could you please use a large font...I can't read what you're typing without my glasses on and my magnifying glass in hand.
I bolded some of the key words! 🤣 I can't stop laughing.

And I wondered why I kept finding crickets everywhere and they keep multiplying in the cages. And some of my chameleons don't move around like I thought they should.
Yep, you've been duped. You should message the Chameleon Queen on the forums. She'll get you sorted out!

So...poor eyesight? Dried out raisin eyes? How did you guess?
It's more my nose that dries out from the dry air in the house though...I need a fogger! Guess I should steal one from my fake chameleons!

Just wait until you get old! The psychedelic/multi image light show you get when you get cataracts will amaze you ...and the loss of patterns in the things you look at (from everything blending in together/blurring so you can't tell if you need to dust or not) is awesome! But even more amazing is how good your vision is after the terrifying surgery!
Ack, my body is already old. After scoliois surgery, I'm not as spry as I once was (though I'm still spry enough to go rock climbing and jump off roofs). Dusting shmusting I say let it build up--maybe you can feed the (dust) bunnies some carrots or they might take care of your cricket problem.

Glad to hear that your vision has been restored! My grandma had cataract surgery not too long ago. Definitely terrifying but luckily not as terrifying as it once was in the past.

You said..."Yep, you've been duped. You should message the Chameleon Queen on the forums. She'll get you sorted out!"...what?? There's a queen?

You said..."After scoliois surgery, I'm not as spry as I once was (though I'm still spry enough to go rock climbing and jump off roofs)"...sorry you had scoliosis. That can't be fun...and I'm sure the surgery wasn't either. I've always had a good back...but I've had my knees both replaced. You're rather daring jumping off roofs and rock climbing after that kind of surgery.

You said..."maybe you can feed the (dust) bunnies some carrots or they might take care of your cricket problem"...don't you know the dust bunnies are under the Big Comfy Couch where Lunette and Molly, her polymer dolly sit? But I'm going to train my chameleons to crawl under there with their tails wrapped around a duster! 😉

You said..."Glad to hear that your vision has been restored! My grandma had cataract surgery not too long ago. Definitely terrifying but luckily not as terrifying as it once was in the past"...cutting into my eyes was the scariest thing I ever had done to me..on slip and it's all over...and vision is something I don't think I could live without. The surgery was over in a few minutes...the prep took hours and so did the follow up and y care after.

Yep, you sure did hit a nerve! 😢 No it's all good, it's a great photo with loads of personality so I can see why it was so popular. Healthy competition huh...let me win one of these competitions and maybe I'll agree with you! ;)

Ahhh, stop rubbing it in that you won would ya? We got it! You won; big deal. Yes, you got very lucky. What else can I say!

Kidding aside, Michael Nash is a guy I deeply admire. I want to become a chameleon keeper like him someday. It will happen.
Lol I'll see what I can do in the photo contest. Not sure if it'll go well for me or not this time.

I don't know who this Michael Nash guy is, but he does sound like quite an inspiration.

Hahaha. I'll pass on the very kind words to him ;)

@javadi what happened to the eggs of f. willsii, right here a female has made me her offer and now I have 9 eggs to incubate. but I can't get any information for the correct incubation

@javadi what happened to the eggs of f. willsii, right here a female has made me her offer and now I have 9 eggs to incubate. but I can't get any information for the correct incubation
I got a nice clutch from this pairing, and have another clutch incubating as well. The correct incubation has been hard to identify. I am doing a diapause of 60 to 50 for 3 months after 1 month of daytime temps of 72-74 and nighttime temps of 65-68. Then raising the day/night temperature (to 72-74 day, 66-68 night) for a month or two, then keeping at 72 constantly. This is just a guess but seems to be working. In the past, folks have tried similar incubation strategies but they have incubated for up to 18 months and haven't done well, so something is off with our incubation strategy. I am hoping the above strategy will produce healthy offspring though.

Back
Top Bottom