Furcifer willsii pairing up

javadi

Chameleon Enthusiast
One of my furcifer willsii pairs just paired up! Hoping for some eggs. Courtship was interesting, the female showed clear rejection at first but then the male slowly approached her and she became receptive. The actual mating lasted for over an hour!

Attachments

• 0B0FEA1F-B6E0-4827-B571-9F62D344AC97.jpeg
    0B0FEA1F-B6E0-4827-B571-9F62D344AC97.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 119
  • E4759C2C-DD5C-4B21-AEBD-ED48F35EBD7D.jpeg
    E4759C2C-DD5C-4B21-AEBD-ED48F35EBD7D.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 66F8ABA2-63BE-4E98-A08B-283EEDF4AEF4.jpeg
    66F8ABA2-63BE-4E98-A08B-283EEDF4AEF4.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 114
One of my furcifer willsii pairs just paired up! Hoping for some eggs. Courtship was interesting, the female showed clear rejection at first but then the male slowly approached her and she became receptive. The actual mating lasted for over an hour!
Damn son!!!

That's incredible!! And you just got them!!

I'm not known to jinx things, so put me first on the list for CB willsii babies. Also nice observation; good to know that the females may show unreceptive colors at first but turn receptive later on.

20220308_211641.jpg

Here's another photo of a male Furcifer willsii that is more in-focus than @javadi's photo. I know I know, it's not a competi...oh wait, but it is

Don't mind me. I'm just a little salty that my photo didn't place in February's photo contest. 😭

I cropped the photo to be closer, so if I reenter it later on I'm sure it will place well and make @javadi pull a tissue from his pocket to wipe the tears from his below average eyes.

Don't mind me. I'm just a little salty that my photo didn't place in February's photo contest. 😭
I don't think your alone 😂 I think I've got a rather handsome chameleon if I do say so myself and a decent set of photography skills. Well since the phone does all the work I'll say decent. The last few that I entered I thought I might get at least a few votes. (I never vote for myself) but was left feeling a little disappointed ☹️ does no one else think my chameleon is handsome. Hanging out in natural sunlight out in the urban jungle I've worked so hard to create.

I don't think your alone 😂 I think I've got a rather handsome chameleon if I do say so myself and a decent set of photography skills. Well since the phone does all the work I'll say decent. The last few that I entered I thought I might get at least a few votes. (I never vote for myself) but was left feeling a little disappointed ☹️ does no one else think my chameleon is handsome. Hanging out in natural sunlight out in the urban jungle I've worked so hard to create.
The photo you entered in the photo contest last month was excellent. You got three votes which is one (well technically two) more votes than what mine got. I figured @javadi paid all the voters off, so I mitigated some of that risk by voting for myself. 😅 I got a total of two votes meaning that only one person voted for me.

Don't take the votes as people not thinking that your cham is handsome because he is absolutely stunning. Also, a lot of people like @kinyonga are very old and most likely have poor eyesight. Plus, the dry cold air up in Canada really drys out the eyes making seeing things a whole lot harder. @kinyonga states that she has chameleons, but I bet they are just regular old kids' toys in the shape of an iguana. She tosses in crickets everyone in a while and wonders why they always escape her chameleons and end up in the kitchen.

But back on track from me casting heavy shade (that @kinyonga most likely can't see with her shriveled up raisin eyes). The number of likes on social media, whether it be on Instagram or the Chameleons Forums isn't a good measure of quality. Someone might vote for a different photo for a number of reasons--even if the quality is a little grainy (@javadi). The photo contest is a contest in name only. Try cropping your image differently and have fun with it. I'm going to keep resubmitting my photos until they win a medal. You have an awesome community at your fingertips, have fun with them, and I'm sure your photo will get a medal soon.

As a sign of my resolve, I'm going to quit voting for myself. I honestly don't care (too much) about winning. It is disappointing when your photo doesn't win. But we are all crazy people; I wouldn't trust anyone here to tie a shoe let alone vote to pick out the best photo. And that's the beauty of the contest and this community--we will support you all the way until you almost finish gold then accidentally trip you up so you finish last. 🤣

View attachment 321137
Here's another photo of a male Furcifer willsii that is more in-focus than @javadi's photo. I know I know, it's not a competi...oh wait, but it is

I cropped the photo to be closer, so if I reenter it later on I'm sure it will place well and make @javadi pull a tissue from his pocket to wipe the tears from his below average eyes.
@Mendez

Hahaha my goofy photo of a smiling chameleon poorly focused with my failing iphone really hit a nerve with you huh? I'm glad to see some healthy competition ;)

I must have gotten pretty lucky to WIN even having such below average eyes.

Hahaha. Keep up the great work with the willsii and others, looking awesome.

@Mendez said..."Don't take the votes as people not thinking that your cham is handsome because he is absolutely stunning. Also, a lot of people like @kinyonga are very old and most likely have poor eyesight. Plus, the dry cold air up in Canada really drys out the eyes making seeing things a whole lot harder. @kinyonga states that she has chameleons, but I bet they are just regular old kids' toys in the shape of an iguana. She tosses in crickets everyone in a while and wonders why they always escape her chameleons and end up in the kitchen.

But back on track from me casting heavy shade (that @kinyonga most likely can't see with her shriveled up raisin eyes)"...

Geesh....just come down on an old person...could you please use a large font...I can't read what you're typing without my glasses on and my magnifying glass in hand.

And I wondered why I kept finding crickets everywhere and they keep multiplying in the cages. And some of my chameleons don't move around like I thought they should.

So...poor eyesight? Dried out raisin eyes? How did you guess?
It's more my nose that dries out from the dry air in the house though...I need a fogger! Guess I should steal one from my fake chameleons!

Just wait until you get old! The psychedelic/multi image light show you get when you get cataracts will amaze you ...and the loss of patterns in the things you look at (from everything blending in together/blurring so you can't tell if you need to dust or not) is awesome! But even more amazing is how good your vision is after the terrifying surgery!

All kidding aside...it's so hard to pick one winner for the photo contest....there are way too many excellent photos in there. Keep on trying! At least we all get to see lots of good photos that way!

Hahaha my goofy photo of a smiling chameleon poorly focused with my failing iphone really hit a nerve with you huh? I'm glad to see some healthy competition ;)
Yep, you sure did hit a nerve! 😢 No it's all good, it's a great photo with loads of personality so I can see why it was so popular. Healthy competition huh...let me win one of these competitions and maybe I'll agree with you! ;)

I must have gotten pretty lucky to WIN even having such below average eyes.
Ahhh, stop rubbing it in that you won would ya? We got it! You won; big deal. Yes, you got very lucky. What else can I say!

Kidding aside, Michael Nash is a guy I deeply admire. I want to become a chameleon keeper like him someday. It will happen.

Back
Top Bottom