Furcifer willsii eggs

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
My female Jane laid 7 eggs yesterday. One got eaten by crickets but it’s ok it was a slug. The rest, only 2 actually look good. We will see
2FA14650-5D02-4D09-9B3D-CDA4D347B0DA.jpeg 20626B3E-18D9-45BC-990A-25A5170B6C7B.jpeg FBE405F0-66B3-4C97-9F8F-D3A9469AD821.jpeg BF09B810-CE1D-4AB8-A93D-6EC94C06F01D.jpeg

How long are you looking at for incubation time with this species? Is it like other smaller species? I believe I read somewhere that the carpet chams take about 4-5 months. Are the Willsii similar in that respect?

Hah she (your female) was showing gravid colors! I got home late tonight. Congrats about the Furcifer willsii clutch. I have my digits crossed even if it turns out you only have got only two good eggs.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

the guessing game of are they gravid/receptive has been fun ? by the looks of my female Mary I think she may be receptive at the moment A1F6F7DB-B8C6-43D0-ACEE-E6F938677D21.jpeg

they both have Different color variations. Mary has more yellow, green, and little blue. While Jane has a purple/lavender color to her

7E51CC96-7763-4C27-9FF9-82E3B243551B.jpeg

Hah she (your female) was showing gravid colors! I got home late tonight. Congrats about the Furcifer willsii clutch. I have my digits crossed even if it turns out you only have got only two good eggs.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thank you Jeremy for allowing me to bug you in pms when I had questions about stuff. I’m hopping my other female will give me eggs soon. I still owe you a willsii one day (y)

appreciatively,
Jozette

the guessing game of are they gravid/receptive has been fun ? by the looks of my female Mary I think she may be receptive at the moment

Thank you Jeremy for allowing me to bug you in pms when I had questions about stuff. I’m hopping my other female will give me eggs soon. I still owe you a willsii one day (y)

appreciatively,
Jozette

I have only kept the species for the limited amount of time. I have seen receptive and gravid coloration in female chameleons before. The only question was was your female showing receptive colors or was she showing gravid colors. I pegged her as showing gravid colors. I mentioned to a former Chameleon Forums moderator Kent Manchen that you got a clutch. His Fucifer willsii pair produced a captive bred clutch of eggs this summer too. You could send him a Facebook pm to talk Furcfer willsii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

They are incubating at room temp in a drawer at the moment, this is how I was told to incubate so if you have advice please do share becuase I’m more then happy to learn. I’m also keeping them on vermiculite

They are incubating at room temp in a drawer at the moment, this is how I was told to incubate so if you have advice please do share becuase I’m more then happy to learn. I’m also keeping them on vermiculite
They need a diapause if I’m not mistaken. I will see if I can find anything in my notes about them.
@Motherlode Chameleon can tell you how he was incubating too

Back
Top Bottom