Furcifer pardalis habitat photos

That is amazing that they were found in such abundance. Is it me or are there actually two males in that second photo ?
Any theories as to why no females were found ? I am sure their llife span must not be that long in the wild. Could the timing of your visit (season) play some part ?

We did find females, but not on the taxi ride from the airport.
We went there in March, so all the females we saw were in very close distance to males. One female stayed close to the male for 3 days in the same tree, even sleept in a distance of 30 cm close to eachother.

If you do not mind me asking what other species did you find on Nosy Be? Were there others other than Calumma nasutum or Furcifer pardalis.

I take it that you mean chameleon species, the number of different species found on our walks was enormous:)
I was supriced on how many Brookesia we found, both Brookesia ebenaui and Brookesia stumpffi. These were almost impossible to find at day, but was to easy at night when they had ventured out on the tip of leaf and went pale.
I think we found Brookesia every 10-15 minutes while doing our nightwalk, so many that we lost interest at the end. Unfortuneatly no Brookesia minima.

Attachments

• ChamTour4_370.jpg
    ChamTour4_370.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 245
Back
Top Bottom