Chameleon-Tour Madagascar 2011

Mario

Established Member
Dear Forumers,
here is the Program of our next Reptile Expedition to Madagascar
We hope to find some Chameleon-Lovers who whant to join us on this Tour

1. Stage: Tana - Ankarafantsika
From the capital Antananarivo we drive through the northern highlands up to the national park Ankarafantsika. In this dry forest the rare Furcifer rhinoceratus can be found . The females of this kind are colored purple they are very attractive. Also the skurrile nose extension of the male explains the naming of these Chameleon-Species. Also the rare Brookesia decari is to be found with some luck in the leaves of the jungle ground. In this national park there is a lake also of the crocodiles (Crocidilus niloticus madagascariensis) to find. Also the landscape is here extremely delightful and offers with the Ambalabongo Canyon a highlight on this route. In the connection this stage is a special place In the forest areas east of Mahajanga hope we are been appropriate for Furcifer the extremely rare Furcifer angelii and labordi to meet.

2. Stage: Ankarafantsika - Ambanja - Ankify
After this Destinations at the west coast of Madagascar we continued our journey toward the north. A long drive leads us for Antsohihy. On the next morning the research starts along the circulation area of the Pantherchameleons. The cities Ankaramy, Djangoa and Ambanja are very well-known in the Terraristik, and point the different colormorphs out. We will seize the location of each color variant with the GPS, and will collect naturally also the data of the individual habitats. This stage ends in the nice village Ankify. Here particularly large copies of the Pantherchameleons are to be found. Also the color variants of Nosy Faly in their natural habitat. Here there is to recover also the possibility somewhat before we our expedition toward the north continues.

3. Stage: Ankify - Ambilobe - Ankrana
From Ankify it goes to Ambilobe. Here one of the most well-known color variants of the Pantherchameleons is resident. Along the road after Sirama we will see many differently colourmorphs to get. To these Exkursion continues to go it into the needle stone massif called Tsingy from Ankarana. We rare reptiles to see also here gotten among other things Leafetail Gekkos of the kind Uroplatus henkeli.

4. Stage: Ankrana –Amber Mountain – Diego Suarez
To the stay in Ankarana we continue to drive toward the north and make a excursion skurril the seeming „red Tsingy “. The landscape is here absolutely singular and a quantity offers motives for photo. Continues to be to Amber-Mountain Rainforest . Here we hope to find the again-descriptive Furcifer timoni and to Furcifer petteri. In the Montagne D `Ambre are naturally further very attractive Chameleons how: Calumma amber, Calumma ambrensis, Calumma boettgeri to find Brookesia tuberculata and Brookesia antakarana. Also largest all this Leavetaile-Gekkos (Uroplatus fimbriatus gigantea) is to be found in these forests
After this stage our way leads us across Diego Suarez after Ramena. Here we can recover after this exciting route something before it via inland flight back into the capital and in the long run back into the homeland goes.

Price contained benefits:• Transportation by car and boat on Madagascar (no flights!)
• all accommodation during the tour (Hotels, Bungalows, Lodges )
• entrance fees for every destination and/or national parks
• Tourguides for the hole journey
• Chauffeur, vehicles (incl. gasoline)
• Harbour fees
• Camping equipment (without sleeping bag and sleeping pad)
• Local Forest Guides
• Travel money safety insurance

Travelprice: 2200,-€
Traveltime: start 13 April 2011 (3 Weeks)
External Cost: 780,-€ for Flights from Paris to Madagascar and back to Paris

If someone whant to go on Tour with us, please let us know quick… the Flightprice grows fast, and only the early bookings can get this Price!!!
For more Informations you can contact this Mailadress: [email protected]

Infos about our Tours: http://www.tanalahorizon.com/index.php?id=45&L=&tx_bddbflvvideogallery_pi1[video]=13

Attachments

• tanala36.jpg
    tanala36.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 202
  • tanala39.jpg
    tanala39.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 194
  • tanala40.jpg
    tanala40.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 181
Without a doubt, i WANT to join you guys. But i CAN'T! :( However, trust me, it's just a matter of time! ;)

By the way, what is the exact species of the first picture you posted??

Without a doubt, i WANT to join you guys. But i CAN'T! :( However, trust me, it's just a matter of time! ;)

By the way, what is the exact species of the first picture you posted??

What is your reason/s for not going? I have already told you now is the time at your age to suck it up and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't wait until you are too old like I did.:(:(

*hugs*

I already have too many important things to do before going. That includes finishing my semester (which is a few weeks later that the first day of the Tour). I also have to get a few dollars before being able to pay that trip! :) But don't worry Laurie, it's just a matter of years, as you already know! :)

of course James it will be a Great Trip, i cant wait to go...
here a some more Pics as an Apetizer ;-)

Attachments

• Teil2Ambilobe1.jpg
    Teil2Ambilobe1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Teil2Ankaramy2.jpg
    Teil2Ankaramy2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Teil2Ankarafantsika6.jpg
    Teil2Ankarafantsika6.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 176
here are some more Pics and also the Map with our Route...

Attachments

• tanala57.jpg
    tanala57.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 157
  • tanala13.jpg
    tanala13.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 155
thanx...thats more then Fun... we try to collect many Datas about Temperature and Humidity and we whant to share it also here in the Forum.
My target of this Tour is to find the Furcifer angelii... if i find it...then i post the Pics

Attachments

• tanala22.jpg
    tanala22.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 171
  • tanala37.jpg
    tanala37.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 168
  • tanala46.jpg
    tanala46.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom