Furcifer bifidus Video

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Here is a new YouTube video of Furcifer bifidus. Thanks to Speedster4238 for posting this video and I am assuming making this video. A new quotas species that has pictures of brown and green males in this footage. The green male looks to be a younger male:D. The female has got spectacular colors!

Thanks Jeremy, that is a new species for me.

It is my pleasure and honor then Laurie. The closest chameleon out there that is in the hobby that you can keep in the USA is Kinyongia matschiei (Furcifer balteatus is another however is not available in the USA). Not the same genus however to the best of my knowledge similar as what there life histories (canopy dwellers) are thought to be.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Dude needs to learn how to use his video camera and focus lol, but I have always loved this species. Theyre like the Madagascar giant fischers just way cooler. That gravid female is amazing:eek:

Absolutely stunning..one of the only instances I have come across where the female makes the male look dull ! The colours on her were, errrrm ..just stunning. Can't find another word to describe it.

Absolutely stunning..one of the only instances I have come across where the female makes the male look dull ! The colours on her were, errrrm ..just stunning. Can't find another word to describe it.

There are many species of chameleon where the female is much more colorful than the male, at least when they are gravid like this female was.

There are many species of chameleon where the female is much more colorful than the male, at least when they are gravid like this female was.

Furcifer minor and Furcifer labordi are other good examples. There are other species of Furcifer that the females have more dramatic coloring when compare to the males however not to the same degree as the species I just mentioned. The reverse is Furcifer pardalis and Calumma parsonii where the males have got more dramatic coloring compared to the females.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom