funny sleeping cham :)

mardithepanther

Tonight I went to go check the temp of Mardi's cage and I saw him curled up and very white. He was like moving his head and licking the air and the branch really quick but he was still sleeping. It was funny. And sometimes he would leave his mouth open for a little bit and close it. I think hes having a dream about eating ice cream.:D

Please keep a close eye on your lizard, I dont think it was an icecream dream, my first thoughts are possible respiratory issue.
Im not generally an alarmist, and of course I may be wrong, but that rings bells for me.
Best wishes :)

May be an odd 'one off' but it cant hurt to recheck your cage enviroment, temps etc just in case.
Its a good thing you observe your lizard even while its sleeping, makes it easy to spot something odd
before theres a problem.
Dont be concerned without cause, but be aware of any odd behaviours . :)

he wasnt puffing up or gaping or anything or turning black. he was just bobbing his head and licking his lips. his temps were fine at the time

It was the opening and closing the mouth that you described that concerned me.
Do you have lighting/heating on at night? Be sure its necessary and if so, and not too hot.
Opening the mouth is generally speaking done for 3 reasons, eating/drinking, breathing when normal respiration through the nose is difficult, or to lose excess heat/cool down via evaporation. (gaping)
Licking things while awake comes under normal.

I really didnt intend to freak you out, im normally the last person to do so. If there is a respiratory issue, you generally see them gaping and or getting a bit wet/bubbly around the mouth and nose, sometimes breathing can be heard/seen to be exaggerated.

If none of those apply then its probably fine. Just an odd quirk. :)

Back
Top Bottom