FUNKY Female veiled colors

lolaandlucy

Has anyone seen this strange coloration on a female veiled before? And if so why or any ideas why?:eek:

Attachments

• danyswackedcolors.jpg
    danyswackedcolors.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 216
I've had gravid females before but not colors that drastic she was bred has a laying bin but no go on the digging yet. She's 8 months old and was bred 2 weeks ago she was definately willing. How long should she take to lay them?

This is the first time 1 of my females were bred before laying so I just put her in the bin daily. She's still eating decent 10 med crickets through out the day and drinking and going ( you know ).

She's a veiled purchased from FLChams and she's been no problems of yet she eats drinks and poos with white urates.

I'm more worried right now about Princess Daenerys than her eggs or babies.

Her bin Is a pail filled with 12 inches of moist play sand but its not in her cage as it's too big and when I put her in there she turns dark and stands in once place. How long should I leave her in there? Should I just chill out and wait before a trip to the vet? And how long should I wait It's been 2 weeks since she's been bred?:confused:

I'm thinking I should have posted this in the health section of the forum!:eek:

When my girl was Gravid with fertile eggs that's how she looked. When she had infertiles she never changed color.

You still have plenty of time for her lay. It can take anywhere from 3-6 or 7 weeks for them to lay.

As long as she has a place to lay she should lay them with no problem.

Though for future reference she was bred a bi young.

Most of us recommend not breeding females until they are well over a year old, or a year old minimum.

Also after she lays I wouldn't breed her again for a good six months she's still very you g at 8 months it will put alot of stress on her body

Oh camimom thanks ::D

I didn't want to breed her that young but my last veiled girl Lola died after her first clutch at almost a year old she laid like close to 70. So I figured Dany is quite healthy and she was quite receptive so I'd give it a try, now I'm slightly worried. Lola's eggs weren't fertile so I'm sorry I didn't give breeding Daenerys so young more thought.

They're such fragile little loves it hurts to think one slip up could harm them.

I'll post again to let everyone how she's fairing but she's a tough little pain in the rump so my bets are on her.:D

To reduce the number of eggs a female lays,

lower basking temps, no higher than 84, and feeding every other day to every two days, roughly 3-8 bugs.

My girl laid 38 her first clutch, and 30 her second and third.

Also you should try and find a way to put the laying bin in her cage, and maybe putting a towel around tue cage and leaving her so she doesn't feel stressed!! :) good luck!!!

It's usually around thirty days after the breeding that hey lay their eggs....however it can vary depending on where she was in her cycle when she was bred.

It's not good to keep moving her back and forth to the laying bin IMHO. What I recommend is to have a bin in her cage hat is at least 12" deep x 12" x8" in her cage all the time so she has a place to dig to show you that she is ready to lay eggs. Once she is digging you can move her to a larger bin if you want to...and leave her there until she lays her eggs.

When she is digging do not let her see you watching her. It will likely make her abandoned hole and if it happens often enough it can lead to eggbinding.

A female may dig several holes but should settle on one and dig it until she is happy with it. It may take several days. When she is happy she will turn around butt down and lay the eggs. It will likely be in the evening. She will then fill in the hole and tamp it down and return to the branches.

Patience!!! I know it isnt easy to wait.

my female veiled just laid her fourth clutch and the gestation period:D is 2-4 weeks but be wary she could become eggbound if there isnt provided space for her to lay. I recommend a book on chams it really helped to have that insight and knowledge at hand for times like these good luck!

Back
Top Bottom